Calorie intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    surely you can't be serious.....

I think she is... and don't call me shirley.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I thought you were doing the 500 calorie HCG diet?
    I am in the process of trying to lose weight and I know in order to lose weight you need to eat less calories. I have gone to many websites that have calorie calculators and none seem to be similar! Some calculators say I need to consume 3000 calories to lose weight (which I know is NOT correct) and some say I need to consume 1500+. Does anyone have a good website that offers an accurate calorie calculator? Thanks for your help!!

Deanna
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have clarified my question better...I am using the calorie calculator on this site (and it is great). I was just looking for another reliable site that also had a calorie intake calculator just so I could compare. My personal trainer thinks this site is allowing me too many calories per day if I want to lose weight. My PT recommends 1200 a day...this is why I am asking for ANOTHER reliable site that offers a calorie calculator because I think she is wrong. I am not paying for this PT (I got 6 weeks free), so soon I will not be dealing with her.

1200 calories would have been way too FEW for me! I still eat over 1300 per day and that is before exercise is factored in. The plain truth of the matter is (although I have heard the "eat more, lose more" concept totally slammed on MFP) you do have to factor in your current weight. For me, over 200 lbs, every time I tried to fall too far below my 1600 recommended calories, my metabolism went south and I found myself on a plateau. My body wasn't ready to have any part of that. To lose optimally and for the long term, you should set that goal at a lb per week and eat those calories. I would often bank my exercise calories to lose more weight. However, you need to listen to your body there too. If it's telling you that you are hungry, you may want to consider eating some of those back.