Motivation Needed!

Options
Hi all, I'm Kay and I'm 22 years old. I'm in love with this website, it's been a great help to me. I've recently had a baby and a couple of years ago had spinal surgery which meant that exercise for me was pretty limited. I'm still having treatment and the only exercise I seem to be able to do is either swimming or walking. I don't know if there's anyone out there who has had back problems and can advise me on what other exercises are good for your back. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to add me; I like to encourage other people and be able to help if and when I can.

<3 Kay.

Replies

• jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi Kay. As being one who has been disabled for 7 + years have you tried Zumba in a chair. Here is a link to a youtube example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUmRwRyWD8&amp;feature=related

It might help. You can add me as a friend if you like.

John
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Kay and welcome!

Re the swimming - I know it can get boring sometimes, although it's very good for you. I made things more interesting by buying a cheap underwater MP3 player (only paid $80NZD, which would be about $50 USD) and I listen to audiobooks while I swim. The laps and the time just fly by!