Pizza is a vegetable

Options
JoyousRen
JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
just ask congress: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/pizza-vegetable-school-lunches-lobbyists_n_1098029.html
I challenge any of you to say "Pizza is a vegetable" with a straight face and believe it.

Replies

• jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I WANT to believe it...lol!:laugh:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    :'( this is just so sad
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    just ask congress: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/pizza-vegetable-school-lunches-lobbyists_n_1098029.html
    I challenge any of you to say "Pizza is a vegetable" with a straight face and believe it.
    But.....I always thought pizza is a vegetable.

Are you telling me now that it's not? dunno.gif
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I read this yesterday and i swear my jaw fell to the floor. siiiiigh.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher at a primary school. The things some of my students' parents believe about food is even more ludicrous than that article. *sigh*
  • bsgillkc
    bsgillkc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yeah, apparently it's because of the tomato paste. :huh:
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I heard about this on NPR and it nearly made me puke. I want to know where are the lobbyists for vegetables?!
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Coming from congress I'm not surprised. What a bunch of Jack Wagons!
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Remember.. if politicians had it the way they wanted.. KETCHUP would be a vegetable.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This falls in line with what I had been trying to explain to my mom my entire childhood: That Pizza contains each of the major food groups.

Veggies: tomato sauce & toppings
    Grains: crust (close enough)
    Dairy: Cheese... and lots of it
    Protein/Meat: Meat Lovers Supreme please

Somehow, I always knew that one day my genious would be recognized... and finally, the congress is coming around and agreeing with my former 10 year old mind.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I saw that on CNN.com today. It's so sad. I do like pizza piled high with veggies but saying pizza counts as a veggie just because oft he sauce is ridiculous.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I heard about this on NPR and it nearly made me puke. I want to know where are the lobbyists for vegetables?!
    Not as well funded!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    But.....I always thought pizza is a vegetable.

Are you telling me now that it's not? dunno.gif
    Quit being so difficult! It IS a vegetable. All that healthy tomato sauce!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Add bit of mushrooms and green peppers and you don't have to eat anything else. :flowerforyou:
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options

*love NPR* and yes, I heard to, all I can say is if Pizza is now considered a vegetable, then this country is in a downward spiral to death by morbid obesity. Now how the HELL am I going to explain this one away to my preteen. Thank you, congress.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Add bit of mushrooms and green peppers and you don't have to eat anything else. :flowerforyou:
    I do love a good vegetarian or supreme pizza...
  • JoyousRen
    Options

*love NPR* and yes, I heard to, all I can say is if Pizza is now considered a vegetable, then this country is in a downward spiral to death by morbid obesity. Now how the HELL am I going to explain this one away to my preteen. Thank you, congress.

That sometimes people don't always use their brains?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Mushrooms? Mushrooms aren't a vegetable, they're a fungus. :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    lol.... my husband showed me this article this morning...