Heart Broken?

Options
MarchelleLynne
MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
I have been selling my "bigger" clothes on facebook for last few days and it is so strange how I feel about it. I am excited that I can't wear them anymore but it's almost like I am losing a part of me :indifferent: .
Any woman knows how hard it is to build a nice wardrobe!

Replies

• NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I smell hoarder. Lol.

I'm just busting balls, I could never sell or give away my old clothes.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I gave away a lot of my real skinny clothes to charity. Also, my work clothes that were still with tags. Hopefully they will help someone.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Why not?
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's hard to let certain things go...if you must keep some of it...maybe having it altered would help with your blues?!

But at a loss of 65 lbs...you can shop for a whole new you...and what woman doesn't LOVE shopping?!?! :wink:
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I have been selling my "bigger" clothes on facebook for last few days and it is so strange how I feel about it. I am excited that I can't wear them anymore but it's almost like I am losing a part of me :indifferent: .
    Any woman knows how hard it is to build a nice wardrobe!

That's why I kept a lot of my older clothes that I used to fit, hoping I would, someday, get back into them. Not quite there yet. but I'm working on it.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least you're getting some money out of the deal to buy new SMALLER clothes!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I have the hardest time letting go of my good old clothes.

I also have had a problem buying a ton of new clothes because i am not to goal yet. Ugh don't want to replace wardrobe two or three times :)
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    i saw the apple bottom jeans but have you sold the boots with the fur as well? i'm jus sayin'!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I am there with you. My husband had to threaten me that he was going to throw them in the garbage before I took care of things and donated 10 bags of clothes. It's a good thing, but still hard! Just focus on all the NEW and fabulous clothes you get to replace all the big clothes with!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Yes I did get rid of my big clothes this year. I cried when I sarted going through my clothes I had started bying what ever fit and would hardly wear them, I was so sad about the amount of money I had spent trying to feel better about my size.
    Good job on Wl that is awesome .
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    and what woman doesn't LOVE shopping?!?! :wink:

Me...

I can still fit into most of my stuff without it looking too terrible. I don't have the money to go shopping yet, especially since I'm just going to shrink out of the new clothes.

When the time comes, I'm definitely keeping at least one pair of jeans, just to serve as a reminder of how far I've come.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I only hate getting rid of old clothes because I've been used to wearing them and they're comfortable but if you don't want to give them away you could always get them altered to fit you now. But I also like giving away my old clothes to the local boys and girls club that give the clothes to people who can't really afford them. It makes me feel better that more good is going from getting rid of old clothes.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem right now but I too am heartbroken. I have a closet full of jeans from Buckle and other cute places and it will be late spring before I can fit back into them. I love to shop but I promised myself that I couldnt buy any more jeans until i fit back into the smaller ones in my closet. I have been living on one pair so as not to say, hey I just couldnt get back there, i will lose the 15 lbs that it takes to get back into my "skinny" jeans! and with as much money as I spent, there is no way I am getting rid of them!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying, I had a pair of DKNY jeans, cost me over $90, I wore them 4 times, not they are swimming on me. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to take them to a tailor to have them altered??? Ahhhhhh..... lol

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I donated mine...some to charity and some to a co-worker. I like seeing them on her and realizing that I'm smaller than her now!! But it was hard -- there were a couple of favorites with memories that stayed behind in my closet for now.

I've done the Goodwill shopping to get some "mid-loss" clothes... and I can't wait to shop in the cute stores when I get to goal!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    when I lost the first 10 pounds I figured that was it. I mean years and years I had been a size 14 pushing 16 I didn't care if I was a 10! I was so happy and figured no way I would get smaller, so bought a bunch of 12s.

2 wks later they were too big:sick:

It was weird how my body held on and the WHOOMP let the fat go:laugh:

Let's just say some size 12 woman at Woman in Distress is STILL goign to work with a new outfit each day:laugh:

God is good and I have been helpful in getting me new clothes
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I simply do not understand being attached to clothes. They are objects, easy to replace, esp the bigger clothes. I gave away expensive, new clothes that are smaller. I gave them away cause they were work clothes and due to illness had to retire. My "fat" clothes were cheap. I felt I looked horrible, so buying nice stuff was not going to help how I looked. I long for the day when I get rid of them. No, I am not wealthy, but as I said they are objects and mean nothing.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Is this your first time successfully losing? There might be a small part of you that wants to hold onto the clothes "just in case"

This past spring I forced myself to give away all of my pants larger than a size 10 so that I would be forced to buckle down and get those last few pounds gone before I needed new pants. For the record doing this left me with exactly 1 pair of jeans lol, but I just went shopping and bought myself all new pants all size 8.

Sometimes its hard to let go of who we were even when we are trying to make ourselves better.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely know how it is. A friend of mine bought me a pair of jeans five years ago, guessed my size.... and she was way off. I was very thin, but no size 3. Lol! But I kept them anyway, I mean I was a 4... so what's one more size?? I finally gave them away, realizing I will never be a 3 and there is nothing wrong with that! I also have jeans that I bought when I was a size 9... they are very baggy, but I wear a belt. I plan on having a baby in a few years figure they will come in handy.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have sold some of my bigger clothes, but also gave some away because of the price of bigger clothes, I gave them away to help out others that didn't have the money to go buy new ones...
    But I to feel sad getting rid of them...
    But with my favorites, I kept and wear them as my lay around clothes... and as a reminder NOT to actually fit into them again :)