Alli Weight Loss

I had a friend tell me that Alli is the ONLY FDA approved weight loss aid. I was wondering if there is anyone out there using it or have used it to help me choose if i should get it or not.

I am not trying to "cheat" or anything. but the will take all the help i can get..

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    It gives you major "anal leakage."

I don't think crapping your pants is worth it when you can lose weight easily by just eating less and moving more.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    If you decide to use it, ya' better buy extra pants.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Not a long term fix. And ****ting oneself is "frowned upon".
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I have used it and had moderate success. BUT to be honest, I believe my success was skewed b/c I was so fearful of the "treatment affects" that I was eating a very low fat and low calorie diet. So was it the diet or the pills? I can't say for sure. But if nothing else, it was a motivator to stick to my calories/fat!

and FYI, I did not suffer any accidents or "effects", but again, I was very very careful about what I ate.

This was sometime last year and I remember losing an average of 3-4 lbs a week for a couple months. But it was very hard to stick to such a restrictive fat intake, at least for me.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Can cause spotting -- in the back, not the front.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    I don't think crapping your pants is worth it when you can lose weight easily by just eating less and moving more.

Thanks for that....My keyboard and monitor are now covered in the water that shot out through my nose....Awesome.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    You will be the master of all creation in the poop without warning department.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    haha. the name must describe the sound you make when you have to go.. "alllllliiiiiii, allllliiiii oxen free to the poop!"
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Long story short - it basically causes your body to process some of the fat you eat without digesting it (it just passes through your system). If you eat too much fat in one meal while taking the drug, it has very undesirable(and potentially embarrassing) consequences.

I'm not a fan of it, because it implies that eating fat is the problem. It's not. Eating too many calories is the problem -whether they come from carbs, fat or protein.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    pop.jpg
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    I know there is also something called Xenical... but again... your panties tend to be filled with orange.... oily oily orange... some things just are not worth it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member

Thanks for that....My keyboard and monitor are now covered in the water that shot out through my nose....Awesome.

Good thing you weren't on Alli too. You would have had a much bigger mess on your hands. (Or in your pants?)
  • i had a friend who bought and not only do you poop alot you poop out all of your fat. its greasy and horribly disgusting. it helps because you are pooping so much. you be just as better off if you bought fiber drinks or a laxative.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    If you want to poo your pants and make a greasy mess of yourself, go for it. Otherwise, exercise and eat a healthy diet and you'll lose weight.

It's like magic.
  • Karen19_91
    Karen19_91 Posts: 19 Member
    yea. I've used it before. its definitely stressful because it makes sure you eat exactly what u should. once you mess up...you'll know. I have taken a laxative so everything gets out of my system and ill be back on alli tmo. Ive used alot of different things but the best way is working out and eating right. no pill can replace that. On alli your meals should be the size of a deck of cards. and u should have about 5 very tiny meals a day. -___-. stay away from greasy food, breads pastas,all the stuff you should be staying away from anyway...its makes u super gassy and you fart out oil...lol
  • yea. I've used it before. its definitely stressful because it makes sure you eat exactly what u should. once you mess up...you'll know. I have taken a laxative so everything gets out of my system and ill be back on alli tmo. Ive used alot of different things but the best way is working out and eating right. no pill can replace that. On alli your meals should be the size of a deck of cards. and u should have about 5 very tiny meals a day. -___-. stay away from greasy food, breads pastas,all the stuff you should be staying away from anyway...its makes u super gassy and you fart out oil...lol

Super gassy and farting out oil?? Where do I sign up???!!!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    I was not familiar with this product, so went to the site and its funny. The site promotes HEALTHY eating and BEING ACTIVE. Along with some PSYCHOLOGICAL components and how you can make better decisions. Isnt that what MFP is all about? (except the pill) Save yourself the money. Eat right, stay active and check into MFP daily for your psychological portion, we will help ya! And we wont make fun of you if you poop your pants!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Oh, How I LOVE poop humor!!! Keep em coming, (or going..?)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I LOVE POOP-THEMED THREADS!

Yes, I was shouting.

Yes, I really do get a kick out of poop threads. Ask my friends.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    yea. I've used it before. its definitely stressful because it makes sure you eat exactly what u should. once you mess up...you'll know. I have taken a laxative so everything gets out of my system and ill be back on alli tmo. Ive used alot of different things but the best way is working out and eating right. no pill can replace that. On alli your meals should be the size of a deck of cards. and u should have about 5 very tiny meals a day. -___-. stay away from greasy food, breads pastas,all the stuff you should be staying away from anyway...its makes u super gassy and you fart out oil...lol

Actually alli has nothing to do with breads/pastas - it changes how your body processes fats, not carbs.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alli/WT00030

How does Alli work?
    Alli promotes weight loss by decreasing absorption of fat by the intestines, which reduces the number of calories you absorb.

Lipase, an enzyme found in the digestive tract, helps break down dietary fat into smaller components, so it can be used or stored for energy. Alli works by disabling lipase, which prevents the enzyme from breaking down the fat while it's in your digestive tract. The undigested fat continues through the intestines and is eliminated through bowel movements.

Alli is taken with fat-containing meals, up to three times a day. Because of how Alli works, it's recommended that you eat no more than 15 grams of fat with each meal. Eating greater amounts of fat can cause unwanted effects, such as urgent bowel movements, diarrhea and gas with oily spotting.