I am so proud..

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
that the healthy changes I have made in my life are influencing my son.

I just gave him a bowl with some sliced apple and strawberries and he gave me the biggest thank you!

He loves his fruit, berries and even quite a few veggies!

I just keep thinking of that show I saw on TLC I think it was, titled "Honey, we're killing the kids" and it would show parents feeding junk to their children and how they would age.

I just feel so good that my 2 year old is eating fruit and truly enjoys it!!

Let's hope it lasts!! :wink: :laugh:

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    that the healthy changes I have made in my life are influencing my son.

I just gave him a bowl with some sliced apple and strawberries and he gave me the biggest thank you!

He loves his fruit, berries and even quite a few veggies!

I just keep thinking of that show I saw on TLC I think it was, titled "Honey, we're killing the kids" and it would show parents feeding junk to their children and how they would age.

I just feel so good that my 2 year old is eating fruit and truly enjoys it!!

Let's hope it lasts!! :wink: :laugh:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm glad for you. I already see my eating habits (my new good ones) rubbing off on my kids.:love: I hope it just kicks in with my husband.:grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That is such a good thing ..my sister has 3 boys 2 of which are teens well she started eating well in Jan and the boys would eat the same old junk fast food ,fried stuff etc...well it finally clicked to her if she is eating well to have a long happy life ...why is she feeding her kids crap so from that day forward they eat what is offered healthy protions and options. Fast Food is now a treat not a staple.........Kudos to you!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm glad for you. I already see my eating habits (my new good ones) rubbing off on my kids.:love: I hope it just kicks in with my husband.:grumble:

I know how you feel, I've been eating better for almost a year now and none of it has rubbed off on my boyfriend. In fact, we found out the other day that he has dangerously high cholesterol. And he's only 29!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    That's so great. One of my reasons for changing to a healthy lifestyle is because we want to have kids in a couple years...I really want a healthy, happy family!

Good job!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I know how you feel, I've been eating better for almost a year now and none of it has rubbed off on my boyfriend. In fact, we found out the other day that he has dangerously high cholesterol. And he's only 29!

I know how you feel. My husband is also 29 and to hear him talk he's in worse shape than some of the patients I take care of. But I can't force him to choose a healthier lifestyle. Atleast he's being supportive of my choice....finally.:laugh:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I feel the SAME exact way since I have started this. The other day my daughter was impatient because I wasnt getting her grapes fast enough. Then the other day I was giving options for snack choices and it was almost all fruit. They are totally drinking all my water and loving it. It is such a good feeling and you should be proud of this moment!! Keep up the good parenting! :)