Your Story: Embarrassing moments that happened to you!

Options
2»

Replies

• lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is sneak up and scare people. I was at home, and I heard someone in the kitchen, so I was a super ninja and snuck downstairs. I crept up to the kitchen and jumped out from behind a corner shouting "rawr!" to surprise my mom. Only thing, it wasn't my mom! It was a really cute electrician who was fixing our kitchen light. I was so embarassed, and I apologized immediately, but now I can't even look him in the face.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    The battery died on my remote for my car locks and I wasn't able to get in my car! I was freaking out because I was going to be late for work and called pop-a-lock to come break in my car. When the technician got there he looked at the door, then looked at me and said where is your remote. I hand over my keys and he pointedly looks at me, puts the key in the keyhole (which I never even pay attention to because that is what the remote is for!) and unlocks my door. After I was done beating my head on the roof of the car I paid him for unlocking the door for me :embarassed: In my defense it WAS a Monday.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is sneak up and scare people. I was at home, and I heard someone in the kitchen, so I was a super ninja and snuck downstairs. I crept up to the kitchen and jumped out from behind a corner shouting "rawr!" to surprise my mom. Only thing, it wasn't my mom! It was a really cute electrician who was fixing our kitchen light. I was so embarassed, and I apologized immediately, but now I can't even look him in the face.

OMG - That is hilarious :laugh:
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options

But, did he jump?
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Ok so here is mine...

While I lived in Puerto Rico many many years ago, I was at the beach sunbathing. It was a hot day so I went into the water to cool off. I was in the water up to my knees just splashing myself with my back to the ocean. All of a sudden the water level dropped to my ankle and I was suddenly slammed by an 8 ft wave. I was under water trying to figure which way was up and continued to be pulled and taken under by the strength of the wave. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and pulled me out. As I stood on shore trying to catch my breath I realized I was standing there in front of the man that rescued me and the entire beach TOPLESS!
    Evidently when the wave took me under it took my bikini top as well!

Oh goodness, I know how you feel, you must have been embarrassed but at least you can look back and laugh at it :)

Funny you had me laughing
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Everyone included, among others, two of my grandfathers, my stepdad, my dad, both of my brother-in-laws, my sister's new mother-in-law, and a video camera.

Anyone else wanting to see this video?? :tongue:
    I weighed over 290 pounds at the time, so although the girls might have been impressive, the rest of me was definitely not.

Now that was hilarious!!!!! You win!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is mine...

While I lived in Puerto Rico many many years ago, I was at the beach sunbathing. It was a hot day so I went into the water to cool off. I was in the water up to my knees just splashing myself with my back to the ocean. All of a sudden the water level dropped to my ankle and I was suddenly slammed by an 8 ft wave. I was under water trying to figure which way was up and continued to be pulled and taken under by the strength of the wave. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and pulled me out. As I stood on shore trying to catch my breath I realized I was standing there in front of the man that rescued me and the entire beach TOPLESS!
    Evidently when the wave took me under it took my bikini top as well!

Funny you had me laughing

Only thing that could have been worse is if I was sited for "Indecent Exposure" LOL
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    The battery died on my remote for my car locks and I wasn't able to get in my car! I was freaking out because I was going to be late for work and called pop-a-lock to come break in my car. When the technician got there he looked at the door, then looked at me and said where is your remote. I hand over my keys and he pointedly looks at me, puts the key in the keyhole (which I never even pay attention to because that is what the remote is for!) and unlocks my door. After I was done beating my head on the roof of the car I paid him for unlocking the door for me :embarassed: In my defense it WAS a Monday.

LMAO. This sounds like something I would do.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

But, did he jump?

His eyes got really big, and he might have flinched.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options

But, did he jump?

His eyes got really big, and he might have flinched.

I would so do that to the next handy man that comes to my house lol
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here goes. I was talking on the phone with a guy that does professional knife sharpening. He asked me to describe my knives so he can give an estimate for time and cost. I said, "Well I have two chef knives and a long boner." I totally lost it when I realized what I'd said. The guy laughed too but also said, "and you don't even know me." :blushing: :blushing:
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Here goes. I was talking on the phone with a guy that does professional knife sharpening. He asked me to describe my knives so he can give an estimate for time and cost. I said, "Well I have two chef knives and a long boner." I totally lost it when I realized what I'd said. The guy laughed too but also said, "and you don't even know me." :blushing: :blushing:
    Lmao what a way to flirt!