Calorie Question. Up it or not?

Options
My BMR is saying to eat 1357 calories a day. I normally try to stick to 1200. Am I really going to notice a difference upping it 175? Is it worth it? Anyone notice a diff upping your calorie intake a little more?. I am so brain-washed with my 1200 calorie intake/daily lol. Hmmm... What to do...

(on a side note, when I work out I Don't eat to replace the calories burnt)

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I've run into this issue after losing 95 pounds in 7 months. I was so used to eating so little that it was a struggle to change my eating habits to eat more food.

If you're eating 175 calories less than what you're burning, your body has to get it from somewhere, right?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My BMR is saying to eat 1357 calories a day. I normally try to stick to 1200. Am I really going to notice a difference upping it 175? Is it worth it? Anyone notice a diff upping your calorie intake a little more?. I am so brain-washed with my 1200 calorie intake/daily lol. Hmmm... What to do...

It usually helps. When I was in fat-loss mode, I was steadily increasing my calories every couple of months.
    (on a side note, when I work out I Don't eat to replace the calories burnt)

You're doing it wrong.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I would eat them if I were you. I stuck to a 1200 calorie diet for a long time and finally I got sick of it. I bumped it up to 1350 for awhile and I did not gain weight and continued to lose sporadically (as I'm at the end of my weight loss, that is to be expected). If you're working out, an extra few cals will not hinder your loss.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    My thought:

If you're asking if you should UP your calories, the answer will more than likely be YES! YES! YES!
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    its just hard for me to think that eating more is going to help me lose weight (replacing my calories burnt by exercises)
    I am going to give it a try tho. Doesn't hurt :) *fingers crossed* lol
    Thanks Everyone!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say, I don't have a problem with those who eat more or less. It's hard for me to sit back and see all the people on here (even with experience) TELLING (almost in a demanding way) that you HAVE TO eat more. I did this with exercise and gained weight because my body is different. It's not about more calories (wich I see allot of, "You need to eat MORE) it's about quality. No problem with suggestion, such as, "I suggest" or "this is what works for me" But there sure is allot of telling advise from people who are NOT doctors. Just saying let your experience for you speak for itself. If you demand change for a person and it doesn't work for them there are consequences. Vent over. That's all I have to say and BTW I dont have a problem with women who eat more> I think Its great. The way suggested always made me gain weight but believe me if I could I totally would. I envy those who can eat more and not gain. Thank you for reading and be blessed.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say, I don't have a problem with those who eat more or less. It's hard for me to sit back and see all the people on here (even with experience) TELLING (almost in a demanding way) that you HAVE TO eat more. I did this with exercise and gained weight because my body is different. It's not about more calories (wich I see allot of, "You need to eat MORE) it's about quality. No problem with suggestion, such as, "I suggest" or "this is what works for me" But there sure is allot of telling advise from people who are NOT doctors. Just saying let your experience for you speak for itself. If you demand change for a person and it doesn't work for them there are consequences. Vent over. That's all I have to say and BTW I dont have a problem with women who eat more> I think Its great. The way suggested always made me gain weight but believe me if I could I totally would. I envy those who can eat more and not gain. Thank you for reading and be blessed.

Exactly why I limit my posts to my experiences... even though I am not a nutritionist but did stay at a holiday inn last night. lol
    FUN! I love hotels (conversation twist :laugh: )