Okay, I guess...

Options
Wekll, today was the day I have been dreading for a week! All of my extended family met at TGI Fridays for a going away party for my Uncle. I had been dreading what I was going to order the whole week, since TGI Friday's does not post their nutrition stats! After agonizing over the menu, I ordered a chicken caesar salad. It was actually a pretty good portion size, not too large and not drenched in the caesar dressing. After beating myself up over it, I got to thinking, all through this weight loss journey I am on, this is only the second time I have been out to eat in a restaurant and both times I have gotten the chx caesar salad. If that is my "splurge," well, I guess there are a whole heck of a lot worse things I could be splurging on, so I was proud of myself. I have also been drinking a ton of water today to hopefully balance out the sodium in the salad. I know I will probably weigh up tomorrow because of the sodium, but I know it will just be water weight and will come off in a couple days!

Shame on TGI Friday's for not posting their nutrition info!!

109912.png

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Wekll, today was the day I have been dreading for a week! All of my extended family met at TGI Fridays for a going away party for my Uncle. I had been dreading what I was going to order the whole week, since TGI Friday's does not post their nutrition stats! After agonizing over the menu, I ordered a chicken caesar salad. It was actually a pretty good portion size, not too large and not drenched in the caesar dressing. After beating myself up over it, I got to thinking, all through this weight loss journey I am on, this is only the second time I have been out to eat in a restaurant and both times I have gotten the chx caesar salad. If that is my "splurge," well, I guess there are a whole heck of a lot worse things I could be splurging on, so I was proud of myself. I have also been drinking a ton of water today to hopefully balance out the sodium in the salad. I know I will probably weigh up tomorrow because of the sodium, but I know it will just be water weight and will come off in a couple days!

109912.png
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you will do fine Im sure yuor weigh in will be fine..you could always wait and weigh in Tuesday...
  • trritchie
    Options
    good job! if your only "slip up" for eaitng out is a chicken ceaser salad thats awsome. There would deffenitly be worse things to eat. im really worrying about valentines day, the chocolates, and the eating out, i dont think im going to be able to turn down really good food, and really good chocolates.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

109912.png

I just wanted to let you know that your before and after pictures in your profile are amazing!!! keep up the good job :flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Looks like your doing a great job to me :bigsmile: I'm sure your salad was ok. They are good. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options

109912.png

We gave you the link to TGI Fridays website with all the nutritional stats. They are not "required" to post it in their restaurants. You've known for at least a week you were going there. You could have gotten the dressing on the side like many people suggested in your other thread.

Sounds like you want to blame someone else when it is you who are responsible for what goes in your mouth. Accountability.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Excuse me....Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the purpose of these message boards were to seek out advice, post concerns and get support. Not to get attacked. No where in my original post did I put "blame" on anyone, so I am not quite sure where you are getting that from. Second of all, the official TGI Friday's website does NOT give nutritional stats for their foods.

I am not quite sure why you felt the need to post the way you did. Negativity and a pessimistic attitude towards people will get you no where. In my original post a week ago, I read everyones comments and advice and did what worked for me today and all I was doing in my most recent post was sharing my success.

Oh and please don't even go there about accountability. I have lost almost 100 pounds, so I think I know a thing or two about accountability.
  • iluvbread
    Options
    I think your weight loss pictures are amazing !!!! I think you have to be able to go out to eat and pick from the menu without stress. I hope you enjoyed your time at aTGIF and didn't stress out too much about your dinner which sounds fine to me! Wow! Your journey inspires me and you seem exceedingly ACCOUNTABLE to me. Take care.