Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

ViSalus

Has anyone else here heard of or tried the meal supplement called ViSalus from ViSalus labs? I got one bag or 1 shake a day for 30 days and it was very good tasting and you can have endless possibilities for making different flavors, however I do find it rather expensive...50 dollars for 1 shake a day for a month or 100 for 2 a day. But if anyone is interested in trying it, I can give you some information on it. I didn't lose any weight really, but I didn't involve any exercise with it either the friend that brought it to my attention lost about 60 pounds doing 2 shakes a day and no exercise, Just thought I would share that with everyone, and it is a lot better than the leading brands of meal supplements and high in protein and other nutrients.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    I know someone who bought into this..... You can get way cheaper protein/nutrition shakes -- $50 a bag is way overpriced to me too - and totally not worth it for what it is. Seems like it's just like anything else - they are trying to push a quick easy fix - but it still takes hard work and determination - not just these shakes.
  • I have heard it has worked for many people but I just can't drink my meals... it doesn't work for me. I love smoothies as snacks but I need to crunch. That being said, I did buy a bad and attempted it and I think I may have some kind of allergy to something in it because I had the worse stomachache each time I tried drinking it.
  • Did you try lactaid or soy milk??
  • I also agree, without using it and just sticking to my fitness pal's calorie guide and exercising daily I have lost 10 pounds in 3 and a half weeks. The bad thing about the shake is I didn't feel full afterwards. Maybe mixing the 2 would work, but it is just way easier and less expensive to just eat healthier foods.
  • EReeves2
    EReeves2 Posts: 34 Member
    I have heard it has worked for many people but I just can't drink my meals... it doesn't work for me. I love smoothies as snacks but I need to crunch. That being said, I did buy a bad and attempted it and I think I may have some kind of allergy to something in it because I had the worse stomachache each time I tried drinking it.

I wonder if it has some artificial sweetener in it? I can't eat/drink anything w/ fake sweeteners without serious stomach issues.