Not feeling well

Options
I was just wondering if you should rest when you are not feeling well or if you should keep trying to exercising as normal.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It depends, if you have a fever or vomiting then you should definitely rest; if you just have a cold, feel free to exercise if you're feeling up to it. Listen to your body, if it says rest, then rest. Also, don't forget to get plenty of fluids.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.
    I would rest a few days then work back into your routine.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I give myself a couple days off to rest and make myself feel better before I try. At least get back to 90% feeling human. :flowerforyou:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You should rest, but just don't use that as an excuse to never exercise.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.

Exactly!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I rested yesterday and when I went to bed last night I felt just terrible so I didn't set the alarm to get up and workout this morning and slept in....This morning I feel quit a bit better so maybe since I missed my regular workout I will take the kiddos and the dog for a walk so at least I will get some calories burned!
  • kjurney
    Options
    there's a theory that if your symptoms are in your head, you're okay to exercise, but If they are other places...chest, stomach, you shouldn't for risk of heart problems. I also just start my workout and if I don't feel better a few minutes in, i stop.