military girl :o

Options
so im a very small girl im 5'5 and weigh between 95-105 IBs. when i was younger i use to eat A LOT!!!! like it was a mystery where it would go and ive always been super skinny. but the problem is i dont eat alot anymore i never have more than 900 calories at most im also vegetarian. eating more food i have no problem with that because i know im gonna burn a crazy amount of calories in bootcamp but its the eating meat part i fear. i havent had meat in 6years and the one time i accidently ate some (thanks to my friend) i cried like full on cried my eyes out lol. hopefully i can man up lol

anyone here who is in the military that can tell me what its like?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    my husband is in the Navy but I think he had the opposite problem :P He did say that there were two options for food at boot camp, a higher calorie and a lower calorie. Hopefully one of them will work for you!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Depends on the branch. I'm a Marine and the girls like you in our platoon were given double rations and forced to sit there and eat it all no matter how long it took. We had some vegetarians and they didn't last long. Only one of ten that started with us made it all the way to the end.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    well when i went to army basic i was at fort jackson south carolina. i remember them serving you what you chose from the line. its like a cafeteria line and they have like 3 choices of meat veggies and other things. you dont have to choose meat if you dont want to . well when i was in you didnt have too. the food was amazing. and so were the veggies. plus the seafood they served was good. but the MRE's you never kno what you are going to get. and trust me u dont want to get caught trading. lol.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    and we also had girls your size and they had to eat double rations as well bc of the amount of exercise we did. it was a danger for the smaller ones not to eat double portions.
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for the responses :) im just nervous but excited and trying to know more :)