Motivation decreasing

Options
Ok, I've been doing very well since I started consistently logging in MFP. In the beginning, I was in a contest at work. The contest is now over but we decided to try to keep another one going until December 30th. I lost almost 18 lbs during the first 12 weeks. This go round, it seems as if I'm not completly there. I'm not going to the gym as much and I have been going over my calories for the last few days (eating out at that). About a week ago, I stepped on the scale and it showed me being 225. I was so excited because the week before, I was at 230. Well, the next day I decided to step back on the scale and it showed 230 again. I was so sad. I felt like maybe the scale malfunctioned the day before and I was not really at 225. My boyfriend stepped on it the same days I did and his showed correct weight each time. That really upset me and I have been kind of discouraged every since. Going from 225 back to 230 in one day is very disappointing. I just really need some motivation to get me back on track. This is not cool at all. I have a goal to reach.

Replies

• HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ^^bump^^
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that losses and gains within a day's time are usually from fluctuations in water weight. Sodium intake, workouts, simply being a woman (lol) and a slew of other things can do that to us from time to time. Do not get discouraged. Take a look at your entire weight loss journey--not just the past few days. Think of how far you have come, how proud you are of yourself, and where you want to be. I have been where you are (very recently actually) and let myself slip up and gain 8 pounds back. It took about a month to gain that weight, but will take 7-8 weeks to get it back off. Dont do that to yourself. i regret letting myself fall into that slump, and you will too. You know that you can do this. keep it up, girl! You have done wonderful!!!
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You said you've been eating out. How is your water intake? 5 lbs in one day is probably related to water retention and restaurant food is notorious for high sodium. If you drink a ton of water, you might see it start to go down again. :smile:
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Girl trust me I been there and done that it takes a toll I understand but think of all the reasons to lose the weight, you can do this we all have set backs trust me I was down 156lbs last fall then stress of buying selling houses and i came across my high school pics of being 110-135lbs then I quit smoking and gained 195lbs after the stress of last fall I put on back 40lbs so I feel ya but im getting back on track now almost a year later I need to do this not just got me (thats the main reason) but for others too you can find my post here hopefully there will be more replies & it can help boost ya, add me as a friend if you wish also!

YOU CAN DO THIS! WE ALL CAN!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/399510-what-are-your-reasons-to-lose
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that losses and gains within a day's time are usually from fluctuations in water weight. Sodium intake, workouts, simply being a woman (lol) and a slew of other things can do that to us from time to time. Do not get discouraged. Take a look at your entire weight loss journey--not just the past few days. Think of how far you have come, how proud you are of yourself, and where you want to be. I have been where you are (very recently actually) and let myself slip up and gain 8 pounds back. It took about a month to gain that weight, but will take 7-8 weeks to get it back off. Dont do that to yourself. i regret letting myself fall into that slump, and you will too. You know that you can do this. keep it up, girl! You have done wonderful!!!

This :)

Don't give up! You have come so far and I know you would regret turning back :) Would it help if you found an accountability partner that lives near you? A friend perhaps?