Ashamed to ask, but asking anyway-weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My motivation was getting blood work done, stick with the program for 3 months, get blood work done again. While I wasn't losing a LOT of weight, I saw the benefits on the INSIDE of what eating a healthy program does for me. That was all the motivation I needed and it has pushed me through 8 months, pushed my car past restaurants to cook at home, pushed me into the kitchen on days when I wanted to simply order a pizza... knowing what changes are going on in my heart, my blood, my kidneys, my liver... it is what motivates me.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Remember this, too! You have most likely gained a more healthy lifestyle, even if you haven't lost weight (and only gained some). Compared to if you threw in the towel completely and did whatever felt good for the moment every single time. So just by logging in and trying even half heartedly you are getting some benefit when you consider the alternative of not having it even on the radar.
    My motivation was getting blood work done, stick with the program for 3 months, get blood work done again. While I wasn't losing a LOT of weight, I saw the benefits on the INSIDE of what eating a healthy program does for me. That was all the motivation I needed and it has pushed me through 8 months, pushed my car past restaurants to cook at home, pushed me into the kitchen on days when I wanted to simply order a pizza... knowing what changes are going on in my heart, my blood, my kidneys, my liver... it is what motivates me.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind answers. I was afraid to ask this question for fear of the kind of responses I would get. I do have a lot of very supportive friends on MFP. I kind of stopped posting because I felt like a hypocrit.

Thanks, again!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! It seems Im on a constant cycle of 2-3 weeks on 2-3 weeks off when it comes to eating right. Im usually pretty good with the exercise because im usually training for something but have even been slacking with that lately because my next race isnt til Jan. Its just really hard to stay at for the reasons you said. You have to want it bad enough to stick with it and there i many times i want to enjoy time with my kids and family than i want flat abs. they are only small once.

Dont beat yourself up and dont what you can! hugs!
  • jeskypo
    Options
    I did really well at first. 6 lbs the first week and 4 the second then, it slowed down like I knew it would but, this week, I didn't lose any weight and 2 weeks ago I didn't either. I don't really know why. I count my calories and last week I was under all week a little and still weigh the same. Am I doing something wrong> I have 10 to go to reach my Christmas goal and 35 to reach my overall goal
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I think that the most important part of fitness and nutrition is getting back on the horse as soon as possible. I just got down to my lowest weight in decades for my fourth marathon and within weeks, Ive gained 5 - 7 lbs!! I have been eating crap, my routine is messed up with the shorter days and daylight savings time ending and maybe even a little depression thrown in for good measure. On top of it, my asthma is acting up and Im not getting the sleep that I need for the past several weeks. So my advice is this: Don't worry about where you have been. Make a plan and go forward with confidence. You can do it!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, even yourself!!