Options

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Why I would choose diet coke... Because regular tastes AWFUL. I prefer the taste of the sweeteners, thanks!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    And the worst part is, your friend is probably one of those people who CAN eat like that and doesn't gain weight :-/

actually he's quite a bit overweight, but he tells other people that they're going to be fat/stay fat because they drink regular coke. and, that, my friends makes me want to punch him in the throat.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    And the worst part is, your friend is probably one of those people who CAN eat like that and doesn't gain weight :-/

actually he's quite a bit overweight, but he tells other people that they're going to be fat/stay fat because they drink regular coke. and, that, my friends makes me want to punch him in the throat.

Time to start packing around a mirror for every time he says that.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the whole diet soda thing at a fast food restaurant. Seriously, I bet the person working inside smirks every time someone comes through the drive through and orders a crap load of unhealthy stuff and then a diet coke. Why not just get a regular coke?

Um well - I agree most people are doing it wrong (they get the diet soda and then over eat junk food anyway) but regular soda adds a LOT of calories to a meal so - like if I have to go to mcdonalds I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) which is about 350 calories, but a regular soda would add like ...200-300 calories to that.

I personally don't drink soda much (didn't grow up with it, the carbonation kind of bothers me, tastes too sweet) but my boyfriend is a HUGE soda fiend so turning his 5 regular sodas into 2 regulars and 3 diets, even without giving up a single bite of fast food, pretty much caused him to drop 20 lbs with almost zero effort.

The Jerk.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the whole diet soda thing at a fast food restaurant. Seriously, I bet the person working inside smirks every time someone comes through the drive through and orders a crap load of unhealthy stuff and then a diet coke. Why not just get a regular coke?

Um well - I agree most people are doing it wrong (they get the diet soda and then over eat junk food anyway) but regular soda adds a LOT of calories to a meal so - like if I have to go to mcdonalds I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) which is about 350 calories, but a regular soda would add like ...200-300 calories to that.

I personally don't drink soda much (didn't grow up with it, the carbonation kind of bothers me, tastes too sweet) but my boyfriend is a HUGE soda fiend so turning his 5 regular sodas into 2 regulars and 3 diets, even without giving up a single bite of fast food, pretty much caused him to drop 20 lbs with almost zero effort.

The Jerk.
  • therealkatarr
    Options

Is he actively trying to lose weight himself (...claiming to, at least), or is he just being judgmental for no reason to people that don't drink diet soda?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Is he actively trying to lose weight himself (...claiming to, at least), or is he just being judgmental for no reason to people that don't drink diet soda?

he works out, but he still eats **** like this. Like, at Bdubs 18 wings, wedge fries and usually some sort of appetizer. And 8 diet cokes. yes, that's right, 8.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I usually get turned off by food like that. but lately I've been wondering "how many calories is that.... and I bet I could burn that in under 2hrs."
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My son would eat something like that. He'll take a tortilla or a pita bread and fill it with disgusting stuff and then eat it.

PS: with regards to the diet pop and fast food thing. It's really nothing worth snickering about. People that drink diet pop and eat fast food in the same meal certainly aren't saying they don't want to gain weight. Some people just like diet pop. Some people don't like that thick syrup taste of regular pop.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    According to the U.S. Congress, pizza is now a vegetable.

... and we all know that congress knows best right? :wink:

Ummm.... yeah... sure....

Saw the news story about the "pizza vegetable" & spit out my coffee this morning! :explode: Just so wrong on so many levels... :sad:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I've never understood this ^^ though I hear a lot of people say it. Why not just add another 200 or more calories to an already high calorie meal?? Is that a serious question? The answer seems obvious.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald's back in high school. I was constantly amused to see how many people would order a double quarter pounder with cheese meal, super sized, and ask for a diet coke. Did they really think that cutting out those 300 calories was going to make any difference in the healthfulness of their meal?
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald's back in high school. I was constantly amused to see how many people would order a double quarter pounder with cheese meal, super sized, and ask for a diet coke. Did they really think that cutting out those 300 calories was going to make any difference in the healthfulness of their meal?

Well, it really depends on what percentage of calories substituting diet soda for regular soda presents in their overall intake, wouldn't it? Let's say it's a 300 calorie difference makes a difference every day, and they only have Fast food 2/month. It's kind of hard to draw conclusions from a snapshot.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I've never understood this ^^ though I hear a lot of people say it. Why not just add another 200 or more calories to an already high calorie meal?? Is that a serious question? The answer seems obvious.

Ditto. I always ordered a diet because I liked the taste of it ... I haven't had a non-diet soda in probably 25 years (although I don't really drink that much soda anyway).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You want to punch someone over what he eats?
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Hey you have at least 4 of the major food groups (I think). Except the bread it's pretty healthy.:wink:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Could be worse. He could have pineapple on that pizza. Pizza is fine and all, until someone f*cks it up by adding pineapple :angry:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It could if they are diabetic, or it could be they are more concerned with staying within calorie limits than health. If they eat at McD often, 300 calories per meal could make a significant difference over time. Or, as someone else suggested, perhaps they just prefer the taste.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Could be worse. He could have pineapple on that pizza. Pizza is fine and all, until someone f*cks it up by adding pineapple :angry:

This is the most hateful thing I have ever read on this site. :angry:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Or avocado.

What it clearly needs is bacon.