vegas trip!!!!!!! can i lose 10 pounds and how??

Options
I'm going to Vegas in 2 1/2 weeks. I want to lose 10 pounds.. does anyone have any tips???

Replies

• ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Try a fresh juice cleanse. You need a good juicer, lots of fresh produce, some white tea, and a few great juicing recipes. This is a good resource http://juiceladyinfo.com/
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugar and white flour products. Make whey protein smoothies, eat or juice fruits and veggies, take vitamins/minerals and EFA's, eat fish, chicken, eggs, etc...
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    What are EFAs?
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The best tip I can think of is.. TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASE!!!!

lol...Sorry I had to try. Anyway, Congrats on going to the best place in the world. Ten pounds in almost 3 weeks will be tough so be careful. Do you workout already? I think that makes a huge difference. If you already work out a lot it's probably going to be much harder. I don't know about the cleanses but I have heard they work if done safely and not too fast. If you don't work out regularly start doing so and you will likely drop five pounds in water weight right away like I did. Drink tons and I mean tons of water from now til your plane takes off and if you drink pop give it up as the carbonation alone will give you extra bloat and water weight. That's all I can think of and I am sure others here will have much better advice but I had to say have fun and I hope you know you are a very lucky woman. I was in Vegas six years ago and I fell in love with it. Have fun and post pics if you can! :)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I think the best you can do is just eat lots of fruits and veggies, chug water everyday, watch your sodium, no sugary drinks (includes the store bought juices), no sodas (no diet ones either) and exercise like mad! It might not get you to 10 lbs but maybe close...good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kouzzzz
    Options
    What are EFAs?

Ooops sorry, Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3-6-9)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    10lb. in 2.5 weeks is unhealthy. The recommended weight loss on this site is 1lb, usually 1-2 lb. per week is advised by health workers. Fewer calories going into your body than being burned off. if you do lose it that quickly, be prepared for the desire to binge and gain it all back when youre done.
  • terriph
    Options
    Hi there. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but what difference will that 10lbs make to your trip to Vegas? If you lose 5lbs instead (much more likely) will it change how you have fun there? Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself. I have found in the past that it's the pressure that gets you every time. Relax - ease off - let it come off at its own pace then it's more likely to stay off.

My best tip for losing weight fast is .... are you ready ..... eat less and move more.

Good luck, have a fab time in Vegas. With all that walking round the hotels and shopping malls, I'll bet you lose 2 or 3 lbs just during your stay there. It's the 'most fabulous place on earth'.

Hugz
    Terri
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options

Thanks :) I'm only familiar with Omega 3's - I eat salmon and flax and chia seeds. What foods contain Omega 6 and Omega 9?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but what difference will that 10lbs make to your trip to Vegas? If you lose 5lbs instead (much more likely) will it change how you have fun there? Why are you putting so much pressure on yourself. I have found in the past that it's the pressure that gets you every time. Relax - ease off - let it come off at its own pace then it's more likely to stay off.

My best tip for losing weight fast is .... are you ready ..... eat less and move more.

Good luck, have a fab time in Vegas. With all that walking round the hotels and shopping malls, I'll bet you lose 2 or 3 lbs just during your stay there. It's the 'most fabulous place on earth'.

Hugz
    Terri

This is great advice. Get started on healtty habits and you will feel good and have heaps of energy for your trip - and you can keep working to lose weight when you get back.
    Enjoy!
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds in two weeks? The smart *kitten* in me says "Sure - just become male and be 90 pounds overweight like I was, and give it even half a try and you'll lose 10 pounds in one week like I did!" :)

Seriously thought, for most women unless you are really heavy, losing that much weight in 2 1/2 weeks is not healthy or really even desireable.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The best tip I can think of is.. TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASE!!!!

This
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Atkins induction. 14 days :flowerforyou:
  • Cbcarter08
    Cbcarter08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump! Im going to hawaii in that amount of time...
  • kouzzzz
    Options

Thanks :) I'm only familiar with Omega 3's - I eat salmon and flax and chia seeds. What foods contain Omega 6 and Omega 9?

Omega 6 - Vegetable Oils, Seafood, Dairy, Game Meat, etc...
    Omega 9 - Olive oil, Canola oil, pecan oil, pine nut oil, sunflower oil, palm oil, peanut oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, etc...

Omega 3 is anti-inflammation and Omega 6 is inflammation in the body. You need both. Suggestions are the optimal ratio is 2:1 in favor of Omega 3 (two Omega 3 to one Omega 6).

Omega 9 is technically an EFA however it's not essential though foods because our body can manufacture them. Omega 3 and 6 are essential through foods, our body cannot manufacture them. Flax is the best food for EFAs. They contain all the omega fatty acids.

The problem with the American diet, we eat too much of the omega 6 and not enough of the Omega 3 foods.

My primary source of EFAs that I take daily are Flora flax oil or Udo's blend 3-6-9.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try a fresh juice cleanse. You need a good juicer, lots of fresh produce, some white tea, and a few great juicing recipes. This is a good resource http://juiceladyinfo.com/

I have Dr. Oz's 48 hour juice cleanse from his website, but I'm nervous that I'm going to buy all the ingredients and not being able to drink the juice! Do you find that they are good? Or do you just hold your nose and drink it down???!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I personally love fresh juice!!!! With a little experimentation you can find blends that suit your own tastes.
    I have found a few blends that I was surprised to like, for example beet (with tops), carrot, and orange - it's surprisingly good, especially if you add about a 1" knob of fresh ginger.
    I also really like microwaving a sweet potato, putting half it (with the skin) in a blender along with pineapple, a mandarin orange, banana, flax, and a little almond milk.