To scared to log calories!

2»

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    GOOD REPLY..I AGREE ALSO

LOG IT BEFORE YOU EAT IT IF YOU CAN, THAT OFTEN PUTS ME OFF!

I ALWAYS plan my day in the morning and log in it the morning to see where I will be at.

Yup me too. Drives my husband crazy that I have to know what he wants for dinner before he leaves for work in teh morning but you need a system that works for you.

Same here!! I'll ask my boyfriend what he wants for dinner and he will say something like he doesn't even know what he wants fro breakfast yet. He gets annoyed but I tell him that planning my day out is helping me get to where I want to be so he just has to deal with it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I'm going to disagree with most people here and say it doesn't matter if you log it or not. You ate it, it's done, now just move on. Just because you went off track for a bit doesn't mean you have to stay off track. Just pick up where you left off.

Although sometimes I have eaten what I thought was a TON and then when I logged it, it wasn't nearly as much as I thought.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    My advice would be to wipe the slate clean and start anew from this moment forward. The past is the past, don't log it if it's going to keep you in a funk.....BUT...from this moment forward..this new beginning..EVERYTHING gets logged, good or bad. That's how to stay consistent, accountable and motivated! Don't beat yourself up over a couple of bad days. And don't try to play catch up...then you get into a cycle of binging and exercising. As someone once said "YOU CAN'T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET".

Take a deep breath, forgive yourself, accept what was and make a commitment to start again....BEGINNING RIGHT NOW!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member

Same here!! I'll ask my boyfriend what he wants for dinner and he will say something like he doesn't even know what he wants fro breakfast yet. He gets annoyed but I tell him that planning my day out is helping me get to where I want to be so he just has to deal with it.

Can you plan dinners for the week and post them on the fridge then if he doesn't want what is planned, he can let you know? That seems easier than having to wait for him to tell you every day. If you have it planned and have the ingredients in the house then you can easily swap something planned for another day.

I'm new, I downloaded the phone app just for fun and was shocked at the calories I was eating, just on small junk, when I didn't feel like I was eating a lot. I have never been a calorie counter. But I have found now that if I plan what I eat ahead of time I can easily hit my target.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Put on the belt of truth and be honest with yourself. It's how change happens. Denial puts us in bondage and declares us to be liars. You are made for abundant living and lying to yourself only makes you deceived.
  • GOOD REPLY..I AGREE ALSO

Wow, never thought of this concept until I came on this site. Love all the good tips I have gotten in only two weeks! Keep'em coming!
  • eots
    eots Posts: 5
    Try to remember that its a journey, you'll have some goods and some bad days.
  • ElizabethRoad
    GOOD REPLY..I AGREE ALSO

I ALWAYS plan my day in the morning and log in it the morning to see where I will be at.

Yup me too. Drives my husband crazy that I have to know what he wants for dinner before he leaves for work in teh morning but you need a system that works for you.
    I don't bother asking what he wants unless I'm looking for ideas. When it's his turn to cook he can have what he wants...
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    I think it does matter because it can help to make better choices in the future. It helps me to realize how many calories are in foods. Like i know now that i can get a grilled chicken burrito and nachos at taco bell instead of the beef supreme burrito with nachos and still be content eating fast food and within a reasonable amount of calories. Just a crazy example.

Or next time i could eat half of that brownie to save the calories and still be satisfied with eating an awesome fudge chewy brownie!! Yum.
    I'm goi,ng to disagree with most people here and say it doesn't matter if you log it or not. You ate it, it's done, now just move on. Just because you went off track for a bit doesn't mean you have to stay off track. Just pick up where you left off.

Although sometimes I have eaten what I thought was a TON and then when I logged it, it wasn't nearly as much as I thought.
  • ElizabethRoad
    I think it does matter because it can help to make better choices in the future. It helps me to realize how many calories are in foods. Like i know now that i can get a grilled chicken burrito and nachos at taco bell instead of the beef supreme burrito with nachos and still be content eating fast food and within a reasonable amount of calories. Just a crazy example.

Or next time i could eat half of that brownie to save the calories and still be satisfied with eating an awesome fudge chewy brownie!! Yum.
    I'm goi,ng to disagree with most people here and say it doesn't matter if you log it or not. You ate it, it's done, now just move on. Just because you went off track for a bit doesn't mean you have to stay off track. Just pick up where you left off.

I think there are points to be made on both sides, really. But the case for logging it had already been made, so I put in for the other side. It really comes down to what is going to work best for each individual person. If logging all those calories seems so daunting that it could derail OP into giving up, then I'd skip it. But on the other hand it could be helpful to her. Either way, the important thing is just to get back on track today and continue eating right.
  • When I have a bad day I always make sure I log it then the next day I look back at it and I get so disappointed in myself that it makes me feel more motivated to exercise. I also try to log things at the beginning of the day and plan out what I'm going to eat. Good job on keeping the junk food out the house though. Get exercising and I'm sure you will burn the calories you ate in no time :)
  • Thanks for all your comments! This was my first post and it was awesome to have so much support and advice! That alone gives me inspiration to keep going strong! Also knowing im not the only one who has these days is comforting:) Today is a new day and I will take on board the advice to log before i eat! maybe not a day ahead, i WISH i was that organised, but atleast meal for meal. Thanks again.
  • Write it Before You Bite it!
    That's what I stick too. Lets me know if its worth eating or not.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    I will take on board the advice to log before i eat! maybe not a day ahead, i WISH i was that organized, but at least meal for meal. Thanks again.

I can't say I that organized either. The advice of my weight loss doctor is write it down. I know what I'm going to eat when I make it.
    It does not hurt to include a note on how your feeling at the time, and who your eating with, where you are... Eating is more than just about food, for many it is a social time as well.