Hi from a 48 year old female Australian looking for friends!

:flowerforyou: Hi everyone, I joined just over a week ago as I'm biting the bullet and it's time to get fit and healthy for me, I hope to loose 40 kilo and have just joined the gym for Aqua arobic classes, 3 times a week. It nearly kills me lol !!!

I'd love to share the journey with others, my start weight was an unhealthy 101 kilo from eating drinking and smoking way to much.

I'm also trying to give up smoking and the drinking as well as watch my diet all at the same time, the occasional drink won't hurt but I hope to be smoke free in 2 weeks. I'd love some support and to be supportive for others, so pm me and say Hi!

Replies

• amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Hi, you will find lots of support around here and there are lots of Australians around as well :smile: (I'm a Melbourne girl)

When I started on here I was around 95kg (at only 5'2 that is pretty big!!) and as of today I am 65kg, still have between 5-10kg to lose but I have come so far and now I know I can do it, even if life gets in the way at times. I was down to 63kg but had a really bad Sept/Oct :grumble: .

I have found that joining in some of the challenges on here has really helped my motivation, everyone is so supportive :happy:

Good luck giving up smoking too, you can do it!!
  • hi same as me im looking for friends,im in australia too.im living in manangatang victoria..im started this site was july 27,2011..i was 66.90 kg and now im 59 kg..its very slow to losing weight coz im a disable..im doing my exercise ,dancing with the chair but i was work....
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 328 Member
    Hi I am from Perth. First of all good for you for taking the first step. Secondly I love cavaliers ( I have one to). Feel free to add me if you want honest support