No More- "Mommy- is that lady pregnant?"

Options
Hello MFP! I started using MFP about a month ago and after a few days forgot the app was on my phone and fell off the wagon. : / ... well I am back and now I am using the app and website, which I just found out I can connect to my Facebook- so hooray more reminders to get back into this. I'm am hoping to find several people who will kick my butt verbally and motivate me on my new journey to a healthier me.

Just like several others I am tired of my body screaming at me because it hurts and having to shop at Lane Bryant or Catherines. The catalyst to restart my journey was finding out that I have premature ovarian failure at the age of 25. I do not want this terrible loss to send me into a spiral and gain even more weight. Along with that I am tired of people looking at me and little kids asking their parent if I am pregnant. At this point in my life I have a few options- stay locked away inside my apartment with my two cats and husband or work on me and weight loss. I'm going with option 2 because option 1 just sounds so depressing! I want... no I need to be happy again! :happy:

Replies

• skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It appears we have similar weight loss goals. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done for coming back! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support and motivation. Good luck!
  • bayleygirl1983
    Options
    Firstly, i love the username, made me chuckle!

Secondly i have been asked so many times if i'm pregnant as my fat is mostly on the front of my belly (a great look!) and its so depressing. More so when people just say "oh i didn't know, when are you due?!" i've actually been know to just say "oh next year" cos i can't face the simpathy face when i say "I'm not pregnant, just fat, and i have fetility issues anyway so the likelihood is very slim anyway (pardon the pun!)"

Am in the UK (guessing you are US with the reference to shops i've never heard of!) but feel free to add me as a friend - motivation across the pond!

Xxx
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It appears we have similar weight loss goals. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!

:D We most certainly do! Request sent!
  • PudgyPigeon
    Options
    Well done for coming back! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support and motivation. Good luck!

Sending you a request very shortly! Thank you so much.
  • PudgyPigeon
    Options
    Firstly, i love the username, made me chuckle!

Secondly i have been asked so many times if i'm pregnant as my fat is mostly on the front of my belly (a great look!) and its so depressing. More so when people just say "oh i didn't know, when are you due?!" i've actually been know to just say "oh next year" cos i can't face the simpathy face when i say "I'm not pregnant, just fat, and i have fetility issues anyway so the likelihood is very slim anyway (pardon the pun!)"

Am in the UK (guessing you are US with the reference to shops i've never heard of!) but feel free to add me as a friend - motivation across the pond!

Xxx

Thank you, bayleygirl1983! It's an old name that my sister calls me. I'm glad it made somebody laugh.
    There have been times where I just pretend not to hear people when they ask me- but perhaps next time I shall just say, "Yesterday!" to remind myself that I need to keep going and lose this weight. I'd love you add you even though we are seperated by the big blue ocean! C:
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I hate that! Is that lady pregnant stuff! One of my friends asked me if my mum was pregnant once when I was in primary school!! I'm glad you have opted for the possitive option and if you want you can add me and I will do my best to but kick and support when needed!!
  • PudgyPigeon
    Options
    I hate that! Is that lady pregnant stuff! One of my friends asked me if my mum was pregnant once when I was in primary school!! I'm glad you have opted for the possitive option and if you want you can add me and I will do my best to but kick and support when needed!!

Thanks so much- I need all the butt kicking and support possible! Request will be sent very shortly! <3
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just like several others I am tired of my body screaming at me because it hurts and having to shop at Lane Bryant or Catherines.

Being able to find an item of clothing not from Catherines was a HUGE milestone for me! Welcome back to the wagon! :flowerforyou:
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    You will find all the support you need here! And just to lift your spirits, I thought of a funny joke that my dad told me when I was little:

"A little boy walks up to his mom and says, 'Mommy, why is your belly so big?' His mom replies, 'Well son, there is a baby growing in there.' The boy says 'Oh' and walks away. A few minutes later her son comes back and says, 'Hey Mommy, what's growing in your butt?'"
    hahaha

I really hope this doesn't offend anyone. I too have been mistaken as pregnant so I understand the feeling. Hope that cheers you up a bit.

Good luck on your journey!!!