CHEAT MEAL FRIDAY!!!

Options
I normally reward myself with a cheat meal on a Friday for being good during the week and have lost another 2lbs this week. It has got me thinking though this week as my weight has been stuck for a while and after finally dropping 2 lbs should I be rewarding myself with BAD FOOD!?!?!?!

Whats everyone else think??

I guess I usually just PIG out but perhaps I could eat bad food but stay in calorie goal????

Replies

• JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with a cheat meal every Saturday, so long as I've met my goal for the week. There's nothing wrong with it and it helps cravings stay in check. The main thing is discipline. In the past, I would reward myself with "cheat day" and now I see it's not right to do it all day, so I have the cheat meal. Again, it's all about the discipline. I realized that portion control made it easy to enjoy a cheat meal. So instead of a large pizza and six scoops of ice cream, now I would have three slices of pizza and one scoop of ice cream.

Reward yourself...in moderation!
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This disappeared and now its back. any thoughts???
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well I'd say find something you like and eat a little then log it. one meal won't kill :)
  • birdinho
    Options
    Thanks Jeff, I think it will keep me SANE havign a cheat meal but stick to a MEAL!

I also used to have cheat days and ate anything and everything, it just made the weigth loss really slow. I think a controlled meal is probably gonna be ok and aslong as I get back to it tomorrow I should be fine.
  • birdinho
    Options
    The question is now, is it Lasagna or Pizza!!!!!
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pizza all the way! Cringing at the thought of the calories though!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i have a cheat day every 2-3 weeks when i weigh myself..i eat what i want whenever! i find that because of my stomach shrinking i can't eat alot on that day but i am eating all the foods ive craved for the past couple of weeks i manage to lose ok 45lbs so far so its working for me!
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The amazing thing is, week after week, I found myself less interested in taking the cheat meal. All week long I would consider what I would have and then come Saturday, I would be highly indecisive. And because our taste buds can change, I found that the greasy, fried, high sugar foods I loved were losing their great taste and flavor.

As I write this, I know I will indulge in a cheat meal this Saturday, but I have no idea what it'll be. I had suggested several meals to my girlfriend and oddly enough, she had to inform me that the meals I suggested weren't even cheats! The clean eating has completely taken over me!