52 pounds and 185 pounds both gone

Options
I had gained a lot of weight and I knew it wasn't fair to my SO. I gained it because I knew he was cheating and I became depressed. But then, I fell into that guilt of feeling like he was cheating because I'd gotten so fat. So about 14 months ago I said "enough" and started working. I've lost 52 pounds and now the other 185 pounds....him.

I'm only sharing this because I want folks to realize weight isn't the be all and end all of a relationship. He was cheating and I knew it. I tried to "fix" it by making him happier and prouder to be with me. I thought we had a great relationship and that my weight was the only big set back. Turned out hed been playing and looking from day one, back when I was the size I am now. You know it's true. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

He's not staying with the married woman he last stepped out with. My guess is that she is no longer an option.

So for me, I'm moving on to exercise. I don't know if there's anyone out there for me. I feel like this man stole 10 years of my
life as I now learn he was playing the field the entire time. (This internet makes it very easy to have distant relationships that
don't pop in at the local grocery story.) But I know now more than ever that this weight loss journey is only about me and getting me better and healthier. I hate to think I'll be spending the rest of my life alone. Right now I feel like I'm on my way to becoming that crazy cat lady. But I know the worst of this will pass. And I hope sincerely that this is the last role I play in life as a doormat.

Just food for thought. And venting.

Replies

• cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Good for you!! And I LOOOVE your screen name!! Genius!!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    What a great post! And you won't be spending the rest of your life alone, not with this new attitude :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Good for you not being a doormat any longer! Words of advice from someone who has been there....work on you, don't worry about who might be out there for you, get comfortable with you first and figure out what you want for you before getting out there again!
    And congrats on BOTH weight losses!!!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there's anyone out there for me.

There is, you just haven't met him yet.

And I agree with cherdan, great screen name, inspired.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Trust me, there's someone out there waiting for you, better than anything you could have ever imagined! He'll find you when the time is right. :o)
  • shifthappens2011
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. I sure hope you are right. For now, I'm just going forward on faith.