Most humorous work holiday bonus you've recieved

2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    At my last job, I worked for a husband and wife, and for the first few years, they really went out of their way to give great gifts. But it was really obvious which items the wife bought vs what items the husband picked up. She'd include some Avon products, like Skin So Soft... and he'd include a Maglight flashlight. Both very handy, useful items. But then, the one year, we got a spatula... and a remote control fart machine. :noway:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    a check for .95 cents

Now my husband on the other hand,gets an awesome bounus.Hes a car salesman so from Jan 1 till the last day of november for every car he sells he gets $30 toward his christmas bonus,right now its up to almost $6000

What kind of cars? Ford, Audi..just curious.

GMC, and Buicks and of course the various used cars on the lot

Ah. I am in the market for a new car and was curious of his opinion on a Ford Focus. I know **** about cars.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    a check for .95 cents

Now my husband on the other hand,gets an awesome bounus.Hes a car salesman so from Jan 1 till the last day of november for every car he sells he gets $30 toward his christmas bonus,right now its up to almost $6000

What kind of cars? Ford, Audi..just curious.

GMC, and Buicks and of course the various used cars on the lot

Ah. I am in the market for a new car and was curious of his opinion on a Ford Focus. I know **** about cars.

I can ask him,if I remember I will ask him tonight when he gets home
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    I used to work for a company called "Wizard International."

One Christmas we all got ornaments shaped like wizards. Creepy wizards, to boot. I hang that thing on my tree every single year.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    The company I currently work for has never given a christmas party but they did used to throw these crazy cool parties and would give out lots of great prizes...like flat screen tv's and what not. But when the owner passed away and his son's took over the christmas parties and company picnics came to a hault and our pay got froze...we just got our first raises in about 5 years last month. But they do give us a $15 Butterball gift cert. for Thanksgiving but nada for Christmas!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    We get turkey at Thanksgiving and ham, prime rib or filet at Christmas. Bonuses in February.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    yeah i don't get one.....my first year here i got $50....then the next few years...nothing...they always do a lunch at outback steakhouse. i hate that restaurant..i rather just have a day off without pay.. now they're talking about doing something cheaper this year instead of outback. i might just call in sick that day because i dont want to deal with the christmas party.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    The last guy I worked for was a slimeball. The first year he owned the company he had a nice party at a banquet facility, booze and snacks. Gave us all logo fleece jackets. The next year he said he was planning a nice party for us again, which turned out to be carry-out lasagna from Olive Garden. He wouldn't even let us turn the phones off as usual so we could all sit together and eat and chat. Oddly enough I ordered the food for him and he made me take one pan back and refused to pay for it. We didn't have enough food to feed everyone.

He is out of business now. Took money out of paychecks for benefits and never paid the premiums. He also started boncing our payroll checks, but he was spending plenty on company Range Rovers and family trips to Lebenon to visit his family.

OMG, this sounds eerily similar to my last boss. He pulled garbage like that all the time, including buying Hummers and plasma TVs for "the company" but bouncing employee paychecks. And then he would randomly do something really nice but not financially responsible, like sending every female in the office out in limos for lunch, cocktails, and a shopping spree. I'm not entirely convinced that he wasn't schizophrenic.

wow. we must have all worked for the same guy at one point! :) except i never got a fleece.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    I have never in my life received a holiday bonus. Is that humorous enough? LOL
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    I've never received anything you'd call humorous, but one year my boss gave me return airfare to anywhere in the world I wanted to go. I was thinking New Zealand or Australia, but then I met a really nice lady from England, so I went there instead. I'm married to her now.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    I've never received anything you'd call humorous, but one year my boss gave me return airfare to anywhere in the world I wanted to go. I was thinking New Zealand or Australia, but then I met a really nice lady from England, so I went there instead. I'm married to her now.

Awwww <3
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    The company I work for will remain nameless, however, they posted $46M profit last quarter, but there is no money for the underlings. With the announcement of the quarterly numbers, we were told by the CEO that we weren't executing the 'plan'. I believe I'm confused because I think a $46M profit shows we're doing something well. I think 'the plan' is to keep the money in the executives pockets. Corporate Greed, gotta love it. Hell we didn't even get raises this year! No Xmas bonus ever in my 15 years there, oh wait, there was a Pizza Johns pizza coupon about 6 years ago....
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    I used to work for a company called "Wizard International."

One Christmas we all got ornaments shaped like wizards. Creepy wizards, to boot. I hang that thing on my tree every single year.
    I kinda love this.