Plateau ....how long?

Options
2»

Replies

• Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I've been up and down the same 2 lbs for 2 and a half months. 12-14 lbs to go. Might need to lose more when I get there.
    I feel unless I've been 100% with calories and exercise (p90x) and eating clean, then I will continue to bounce. Can't be 80 -90% perfect. Just averaged out my net which is 1441 for the last 3 weeks but I'm supposed to be at 1381. And I've probably only did 5 one hour workouts a week instead of six. I'm debating whether to just eat back half the exercise calories for awhile. I"ve done nutrisystem and weight watchers before and there was no eating back and I was a slow loser compared to most but it was consistant and fairly fast compared to now.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are consistently logging your food, so I would suggest doing that every day. It's hard to help or even call it a plateau without knowing how much you are eating.

My kids have been getting up in the middle of the night this week so I haven't been consistent w/ logging but basically eat the same thing every day w/ maybe a few cheat days here & there (on weekends mainly). And now I feel sick :(
  • lpeacock06
    Options
    I just posted a new blog today that may be helpful to you...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/breaking-a-plateau-170648

With fasting.....You don't eat for 24 hrs?? I'm not sure I can handle that. I get very very cranky when I'm hungry & not eating on time esp on the days I exercise....
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's going on 4 wks that I've been gaining & losing the same 2lbs!! I fluctuate between 131 & 133. The lowest wt I've seen is 131.4 but it didn't stick:( now I go from 133 something to 131.8. This is soooooo frustrating & I wonder how long this will last. It doesn't seem to matter that when I eat well or go over my calories nothing is working. My last day of bootcamp will be next tues & I'll be going to the YMCA after that. Just wonder what else I can try

Were you consistently losing before the plateau started?

I personally notice that I will lose consistently for a while, then stall for a couple weeks. BUT, during those weeks, the inches are just melting off. It is like my body needs a week or two to catch up with the weight.
  • lpeacock06
    Options
    It's going on 4 wks that I've been gaining & losing the same 2lbs!! I fluctuate between 131 & 133. The lowest wt I've seen is 131.4 but it didn't stick:( now I go from 133 something to 131.8. This is soooooo frustrating & I wonder how long this will last. It doesn't seem to matter that when I eat well or go over my calories nothing is working. My last day of bootcamp will be next tues & I'll be going to the YMCA after that. Just wonder what else I can try

Were you consistently losing before the plateau started?

I personally notice that I will lose consistently for a while, then stall for a couple weeks. BUT, during those weeks, the inches are just melting off. It is like my body needs a week or two to catch up with the weight.

Pretty much sometimes it would be 1lb then others smaller amts. I've been consistently (mostly anyway) eating better & exercising regularly for 120 days or so & have only lost 16 lbs. I know that's pretty average I guess. I'm just tired of being stuck & hoped to be in the 120s by thanksgiving.....and 125 by christmas b/c I thought these were pretty attainable goals
  • lpeacock06
    Options
    Ok so I just calculated my BMR then my % of body fat.....I have lost 1.5in in my waist from my last measurement on 10/29. So I guess that's what's happening! so this is better than nothing :)
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just calculated my BMR then my % of body fat.....I have lost 1.5in in my waist from my last measurement on 10/29. So I guess that's what's happening! so this is better than nothing :)

That is fantastic :) An inch and a half from your waist in less than 3 weeks is awesome, especially since you are so close to your goal.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are consistently logging your food, so I would suggest doing that every day. It's hard to help or even call it a plateau without knowing how much you are eating.

The reason I haven't logged my food in about a week is because i have been really sick and haven't been eating alot. usually I am consistent with logging. But I have also noticed that I must be losing inches because my stomach has shrunk.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Try upping calories for a couple weeks and please for the love of god have cheat meals or cheat weekends!
    You gotta learn new tricks to trick that body into letting the fat goooooooooooooo!