VICTORY IN MY EYES. MAINTENANCE REALLY?

Options
polo571
polo571 Posts: 708 Member
For those of you who know me I lost 100 pounds from 6.15.10 to 2.15.11. On May 19th I was down 121 pounds. I started becoming obsessive with my weight at this point. After a lot of soul searching and what I wanted for my life I decided to try and maintain my weight for 6 months. I used my hrm to figure out that my maintenance calories based on my workouts would be 3600 per day. So I did it. I averaged 3600 cals a day and gave my scale away ( very fricken scary). I did HIIT training 3 days a week on the treadmill and I did weight workouts 3 days a week and that's what I stuck with. You have to understand in the past ibhave never been able to maintain my weight EVER! So my 6 month weigh in came up yesterday and I gained 8 pounds in 6 months. I never did the body fat calculations. I only use one measurement and that's my waist. After 6 months my waist stayedvat 42 inches. Did I eat clean everyday? No. Did I have bad weeks? Yes. Did I have some personal problems along the way? Yes. But I stayed the course and believed maintaining would eventually give me more weightloss in the future. I guess we will find out in the next few weeks. I hope you add me as a friend and the friends I still have keep please supporting me. I will keep posting my progress and I hope people get some good help from this. The old polo would have easily gained a lot of weight back. I look forward to support everyone who needs it and thank you to all my friends.

Replies

• Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    WOW! That's amazing congratulations, firstly on loosing the 100lbs and secondly on maintaining it for 6 months that's amazing!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You are doing an amazing job - congrats! I will be in maintenance mode soon and I'm terrified.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That's really inspiring! And a real success story that healthy eating and living can and should be a lifestyle change, and not a temporary "diet". Good for you!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    That is great Polo! Continue to inspire those who need you around, again congrats on your journey to healthy lifestyle!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You are like a freaking science experiment! I love it! I have a feeling you'll be dropping pounds at an amazing rate now. Glad you're back full time.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's a great success!! I agree that you'll be able to meet your goals in no time. Good Luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Great, you will get there!!! Maintenance is tough, i got to goal then promptly gained back 40. But not discouraged, will keep on and I don't care if it takes 10 years, will lose it and keep it off. Took me 45 years to get to my highest weight, won't complain about it taking 5-6 years to get to my lowest.
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    You look amazing and kudos for your weight loss and gaining so little back. It shows us all there is hope! Thanks for sharing your story.

Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!