hate my arms!!

Options
does anyone else hate their arms? i feel like thats where all my weight gain goes, to my arms and my face! i have been working out and lost 15 pounds, however, my arms are still fat and my legs are like toothpicks from all the cardio i have been doing. i look like a lollipop. i wish i could spot loose fat. i take a weights class once a week, but i feel as though it is not enough. i also am self conscience to do the free weights at my gym i get a little intimidated by all the buff dudes walking around. i want to get a trainer but they are so expensive! any suggestions??

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Once a week isn't enough.... try 2 - 3 times a week

http://exercise.about.com/od/exercisesformusclegroups/u/musclegroup.htm will tell you different exercise and you don't need to get a trainer
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    does anyone else hate their arms? i feel like thats where all my weight gain goes, to my arms and my face! i have been working out and lost 15 pounds, however, my arms are still fat and my legs are like toothpicks from all the cardio i have been doing. i look like a lollipop. i wish i could spot loose fat. i take a weights class once a week, but i feel as though it is not enough. i also am self conscience to do the free weights at my gym i get a little intimidated by all the buff dudes walking around. i want to get a trainer but they are so expensive! any suggestions??

Why not ask a buff guy to help you with the free weights?

That way you wont be intimidated, they'll respect you, and let's face it they like the attention!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women....it'll change your life!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Those buff dudes will not judge you. They'll think it's awesome that you're starting out with free weights. They were once wimpy too, and they know what it's like to make that first step. Just do it. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If you want results then you are going to have to get over the fear of the buff guys :D Hard sometimes!

Look up a solid routine and lift ---> HEAVY <---

You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lift!

I always hated my arms too... until I started weight lifting, and they started shrinking!