Facebook and MFP

Options
I have gotten to a point where I spend more time on MFP than I do on Facebook. I used to be a total Facebook junkie, but lately I feel that all it is good for is bringing people down and starting drama. I no longer speak to the majority of my "friends" and I feel like spending too much time on Facebook can just make a person dwell on the past, which is never healthy. Where Facebook has turned into quite the downer, MFP serves as a motivational tool. It is full of people who are looking forward to the future and bettering their lives - physically, emotionally, and mentally. There comes a time where everyone has to be a little "selfish" and complete the tasks that are going to lead them to their ultimate goal - a long, healthy, and happy life full of self-respect and kindness towards others.

Replies

• mfpslash1313
    mfpslash1313 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Well said!!!

I've been feeling the same way. Cheers to positive changes!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I could not agree more with everyone :)
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Right on! This is ever so much better! :flowerforyou:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this. I spend at least 75% more time on MFP versus Facebook. I used to be so hooked on facebook that when a member of our church said we needed to give up something that we really enjoyed for a couple of months to get ready for our revival, Facebook is what I gave up. I knew that would be a sacrifice for me. Now it would not be such a sacrifice.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    To me I gotting where facebook is boring... I used to been a junkie has well though. But now I LOVE MFP more than facebook just like what you said.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to a point where I spend more time on MFP than I do on Facebook. I used to be a total Facebook junkie, but lately I feel that all it is good for is bringing people down and starting drama. I know longer speak to the majority of my "friends" and I feel like spending too much time on Facebook can just make a person dwell on the past, which is never healthy. Where Facebook has turned into quite the downer, MFP serves as a motivational tool. It is full of people who are looking forward to the future and bettering their lives - physically, emotionally, and mentally. There comes a time where everyone has to be a little "selfish" and complete the tasks that are going to lead them to their ultimate goal - a long, healthy, and happy life full of self-respect and kindness towards others.

LoL - I spelled "no" as "know." I've been a little stressed . Sleep deprivation = silly mistakes :p
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! The only reason I am on Facebook now is because I am a Beachbody coach and my team is on my page and they enjoy the motivation I give to them!
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, I am glad I am not the other person burnt out on Facebook. It was fine when it was just a means to socialize within your college network... but now it is getting out of control.