going out for mexican food tonight...

Options
for my friend's bday. it's just a generic mexican restaurant so it doesn't have a nutritional facts. what are some healthy options that i can find at a regular mexican restaurant?

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    for my friend's bday. it's just a generic mexican restaurant so it doesn't have a nutritional facts. what are some healthy options that i can find at a regular mexican restaurant?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm Mexican...

Fajitas are usually a decent bet.
    You don't even have to eat the shells.
    Avoid refried beans, rice, tortilla chips, sour cream, tons of cheese, guacamole/avacados( some is okay but too much is HIGH in calories/fat), and anything fried if you can help it.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I order pollo asado. It's charbroiled chicken breast with sauteed peppers and onions. Then I stay away from the refried beans and rice.

Oh, and stay away from the beer and magartitas, too! :laugh: :smokin:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cArne asada is a good lean beef...the marinade can make it high in sodium but I love it and I buy carne asada from the store and cook it myself....have a cup of beans with it and it is agood meal....avoid those chips for hips and salsa..they add up real quick...have fun:smile:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice :heart:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I went out for mexican last night and had some fabulous veggie fajitas (I ate one as an actual fajita) and then the rest I ate w/o the tortillas! (no cheese, no sour cream, just a little Guac --because I LOVE it) just be careful with the margaritas and the chips & salsa!