Healthy Snack before bed

Options
Hi everyone....... Im new to MFP and new to the "healthy" eating lifestyle. I think Im doing pretty good but I would like to know of healthy snacks before bedtime.

If i decide to workout at 8pm and Im suppose to eat my "exercise calories" what should I eat that is "good" for the body and wont turn into fat?

Please Help!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    anything you want, nothing will just turn to fat if you are in a caloric deficit, there is no arbitrary cutoff time where foods suddenly get converted/stored as fat
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    anything protein really...? what doesnt get used up just comes out anyway and protein is always good after a workout.

my night time treat is some peanut butter but watch the fat content on that...
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My favorite nighttime snack is either a protein shake or a bag of 100 calorie popcorn. If I don't want much, I'll eat some almonds instead. Kind of depends how hungry I am and how many calories I still need to take in for the day.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    anything you want, nothing will just turn to fat if you are in a caloric deficit, there is no arbitrary cutoff time where foods suddenly get converted/stored as fat

Listen to this guy, he eats a giant bowl of ice cream every night, and well, look at him!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    So not worth it! Just skip it and go back to bed. LOL just kidding. My husband usually encourages a salad and I saw someone else suggest putting salad dressing in a salad spinner. GENIOUSE!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been making 'PB&J' protein smoothies.
    2tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
    1/2 banana (optional)
    1 scoop protein - sometimes I use vanilla, sometimes chocolate, sometimes a little of each

It definitely hits the spot if you're looking for a late night treat that's really good for you.