Green Goodness Jiuce.

Options
Hi Guys !!

So I'm trying to keep tabs on my sugar because now that I've lost a good amount, I'm starting to focus on individual areas. Of course, like most women, my trunk is my most hated area. I hear that sugar and refined carbohydrates are the most harmful for belly fat.

I have fallen in love with this Green Goodness juice from Bolthouse Farms. It has 27 grams of sugar. So that's over my entire daily sugar allowance in 8oz. :noway: But, the nutritional value is amazing, and it's all natural fruit sugars (it also has broccoli, spirulina, blue algea and greet tea). SO, I have a hard time pushing this out of my diet. As soon as I can get a juicer, I'll make my own fresh.... but for now, i don't want to cause more damage than good.

Anyone have an opinion?

Replies

• mandydanyele
    Options
    I tried this the other day and I just thought it was aweful. BLEH. Maybe try a homemade smoothie instead? You can use a blender and add your own fruits and veggies with a little bit of low-fat yogurt? I didn't realize that it had so much sugar but remember, if it's the sugar from the fruits and veggies then it's not as bad as the sugar you'd find in...let's say cake or a doughnut.

If you are really having a hard time not drinking it, maybe cut back? Drink a small glass a day?
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I like the Naked Green Machine Juice but i think that also has 25 grams of sugar. Other than that the homemade version is all i can offer as advice.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sugar is sugar. Fruit is better for you becausse of the fiber and other nutrients:
    5. Sugars in fruit and fruit juices are NOT any better for you than sugars that come out of a bag or packet. As stated before, sugar is sugar is sugar. The body breaks down carbohydrates and produces the same thing (glucose) in your bloodstream regardless of the type of carbohydrate. Sugar from fruit is fructose and is metabolized quickly and easily by the body and is not really a problem for people who are healthy but can be problematic if you have been diagnosed with diabetes. In this case, eating fruit moderately is ok but excessive intake can lead to high blood sugar. Eating fruit is considered healthy because of the fiber, vitamins and other nutrients found in it which we need in our diets. The average healthy person would need to eat a GREAT amount of fruit to be unhealthy for them. So keep eating fruit but if you thought it contained a ‘healthy’ type of sugar, you now know that there is no such thing.
  • Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So, how worried about sugar should I be? I generally stay under 1200 calories a day, and I work out religiously. I'm loosing, just not fast enough. I'm impatient !! lol I'm not diabetic but I am 160 lbs, and that's not healthy either.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sugar, personally. I think calories are what is important, BUT I did read recently that people who kept carbs under 45% lost more belly fat than people who ate 55% carb, when calories were the same, so I am trying but I find it hard. My macros are set to 40/30/30 for carbs/protein/fat but it is pretty hard for me to stay in that range.