THE BEST no equipment EXERCISE

Options
it seems that simple and straightforward is usally the better way...one of the best upper body exercises is the push up...boring you say? it give a nice pump and also strengthens the core ab muscles and you dont need equipment and it takes 5 or 6 minutes for a pushup routine...its all good....do five sets, each set as many as you can with only 60 seconds rest in between sets and keep track of your progress...do it every other day....the rest days in between are a good thing...tones, strengthens burns cals,... nice

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it seems that simple and straightforward is usally the better way...one of the best upper body exercises is the push up...boring you say? it give a nice pump and also strengthens the core ab muscles and you dont need equipment and it takes 5 or 6 minutes for a pushup routine...its all good....do five sets, each set as many as you can with only 60 seconds rest in between sets and keep track of your progress...do it every other day....the rest days in between are a good thing...tones, strengthens burns cals,... nice
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I need to start adding some strength training moves to my workouts. Nothing like good old fashioned push ups!!:drinker:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Have you tried www.hundredpushups.com?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went to an exercise class. I have been using my home weight bench to do leg extensions and hamstring curls.

I thought I was gonna kick butt in that class...........when we did lunges and squats I about died!

It is using your own body weight and man, I am sore!!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I am not good at pushups; it's hard to push up for me lol. I think my arms have been getting stronger from lifting 2 lbs weights in my exercises sometimes.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Have you tried www.hundredpushups.com?

From the pics and all the silouettes being women I thought it was a women's deal?

anyway, if you continue to do them...even one or two at first, you soon gain strength and the numbers go up
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    really loved seeing this and thank you. I have an exercise ball that I can do pushup off of, or, just use the good ole floor. Your own body weight is so useful I think we tend to forget. Im going to be working on my upper bod more.

denise in OR:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I am not good at pushups; it's hard to push up for me lol. I think my arms have been getting stronger from lifting 2 lbs weights in my exercises sometimes.

Do wall pushups. Easy on the knees and you still get a good workout. Crunches are great too I do them in bed.:happy:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love my pushups!!! And P90X has taught me so many varying ways- wide, military, decline, dive bombers, wide fly, etc.

A good no equipment exercise for the lower body is to do walking lunges. Just take large steps and lunge up your street (I do them after I run). Great for the whole lower body! :bigsmile:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    From the pics and all the silouettes being women I thought it was a women's deal?

anyway, if you continue to do them...even one or two at first, you soon gain strength and the numbers go up
    [/quote]

I think they do that just so women won't think it's just for men. Most of the people on the list of those who completed the program and did 100 pushups are men.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    push ups are great for upper body - but nothing touches a plank for core..
  • chickadee10
    Options

Do wall pushups. Easy on the knees and you still get a good workout. Crunches are great too I do them in bed.:happy:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
    That sounds like a good idea. I might have to try that sometime.