Thighs...

Options
I have two weeks before I am wearing some lingerie in front of many people. I know there is no quick fix...but any ideas on exercises I could do to help tone my thighs a little more in these two weeks??

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Squats are good for your butt and thighs.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A seaweed wrap! That's what I would do. The seaweed helps draw out toxins and shrinks your skin. PLUS, your skin will be super soft and smooth! Good luck!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    lunges, lots and lots of lunges and squats...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    lunges, lots and lots of lunges and squats...

She's on the MONEY with this!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    yep lunges and squats.
  • theLadidah
    Options
    I'm definitely having a similar problem - they are quite horribly my problem area so I'd appreciate the advice on this too!

Some suggestions that have previously been made to me are to do those bench sits against a wall - where you sit with your back against the wall so you're thighs are parallel to the ground and you hold yourself there. This applies strain to your thigh muscles and if you keep practising, you'll find yourself able to do it for longer every time. That's a pretty good one. As are squats -- make sure you look up how to do them properly though so as not to damage your knees/back. They're handy because you can do them in your own home :)

Cardio work outs like running and cycling are really good too - you have to really push yourself though and concentrate on those areas whilst running/cycling (the more you think about them whilst doing it, the more likely you are to push at them).

Jump rope skipping is also brilliant for cardio and legs but mostly calves.

I hope those help a bit --- someone else might give you an easier option (which would be great!).

Good luck though :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Cycling, hard.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats, sumo squats (good for the inner thigh), one legged squats, jump squats, jump lunges, sprint intervals
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    You probably can't change the size or shape of your thighs much in 2 weeks, but I've always read that sweating them down in saran wrap right before your event--like the few hours right before--will help them look smoother.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A seaweed wrap! That's what I would do. The seaweed helps draw out toxins and shrinks your skin. PLUS, your skin will be super soft and smooth! Good luck!

I also had a friend tell me to try Seaweed soap, I bought it just a few days ago but haven't tried it yet. I found it at the CVS store since I'm in Southern Cal they have a section for products from Mexico. Worth a try too.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I find that walking on the treadmill on the highest incline burns my thighs. Same with the elliptical on the highest incline (for cardio). Also vote for lunges and squats. Check out the 8 minute buns video on youtube, it'll help tone your legs and backside and it's only 8 minutes a day.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone says about lunges and squats. If you like more structured dvd workouts I recommed looking into The Butt Bible workouts. Squats Squats and oh yeah, I hope you like Squats! My left side is weaker than my right due to surgery and I've noticed a big improvement to the area with these workouts. If you have cable they may be free on demand.