Joy & Grief

Options
Last evening I came across a chest of some really really old clothes from significant events in the past. Once such article of clothing was the slacks I wore to my grandmother's funeral over 12 years ago. Last year, they were no where close to fitting me. Last night i tried it on, it was a perfect fit. That delivered such an overwhelming feeling of Happiness & Grief all at once. It's kinda difficult to put it into words. [sighhhhh........]

Replies

• CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss but total congrats on the weight loss. :-)
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I understand, I have just tried on some clothes from similar events. I call those events "kick you in the butt" events. You think you are over your grief, when something like that comes along and reminds you of your loved one again. Congrats on your NSV!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    awww.
    It is good to remember our loved once once in a while, I hope you have some good memories and remember her fondly.
    Congrats for your size loss.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Things like this are bitter-sweet. I'll bet your Grandma is up in heaven :smile: down on your success!! Great job!! Good luck in your weight loss journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!