Pedometer - HRM - Brands - Help?

Options
My parents have both recently started walking 1 - 1.5 miles a day together outside, and winter is quickly approaching so they got a membership at the local community center. It is easy to map out distance when going outside, but they would like to be able to track distance inside and have requested a Pedometer for Christmas.

I know nothing about Pedometers except the little cheap $1.99 you can buy at walmart that always seem to give inaccurate results. What are good brands of Pedometers that would help keep track fairly accurately?

On the same note, If Pedometers are not accurate, what about a cheaper or non-intruvsive heart rate monitor that could help them track calories if not distance? Brands, Suggestions Help?

Anything is appreciated!

Replies

• WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    sorry cant help you but i would also like to know so bumped it :)
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well really pedometers just keep track of how many actual steps you take so I think you may be ok just buying the ones from walmart, but I did find this website that has them for pretty good prices too http://www.pedometersusa.com/pedometers-step.html?gclid=CJvvvoqAwawCFasEQAodxVwcpQ

I know there's also a few websites that you can go on to calculate your steps into miles if they actually wanted to see how many miles they walked. If they're going to a gym and walking on treadmills the machine will usually say the distance walked.

As far as heart rate monitors, I have the Polar FT4 and I love it!! It tells you your heart rate, and how many calories you burn per workout and mine is very simple to use. I got it off Amazon for around $60 which is decent price for a heart rate monitor because they're usually pretty expensive. Hope this helps!!