those with naturally 'round face shapes' did u improvement

Options
smkcx♥
smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
I dont nessessarily hate my face shape, because everyone always thinks i'm 15-16 and im actually 23. I just hate how when I take pictures, my face makes me look so much bigger than I really am. I have no definition in my jaw line, i look like im constantly bloated -- even tho I watch my sodium intake and im always really under my daily totals.

anyway, im not complaining, im just curious, to those who naturally have a round face shape, did you see a difference in your face shape?

I just wish it looked like I had a jawline. lol! in order for me to look like i have a jawline in pictures, i have to sit the camera in an odd spot and like squat down and suck in everything ive got in my face LOL

Replies

• sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how ppl reply to this also. I have a round face too, lol!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Grown ladies used to love to pinch my cheeks when I was little (I hated it, and one of my sons has the same cheeks, and I don't let people do it to him, lol)

Anyway, yes, I saw a great improvement, but it took a while. My face was one of the last places where the fat comes off, and the first where it goes on.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I hate my face shape! The only way I can tend to change it is to grow my hair below chin line!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I hear ya! I did notice a difference though. I don't look chiseled by any means but I do see my jawline (minus that pesty extra chin). I've even had someone mention how you could reallly see my weight loss in my face.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine has always been roundish/squarish...Chubby cheeks...I still have my "cute cheeks" but my face is slimmer....
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i can't respond, as i'm a true hourglass shape.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have this too and my face is not as round as before though. For me at least I think it's one of the last places fat comes off
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I have a round face also. The first time I wanted my face to look slimmer I had to loose so much weight that I was like 135. A healthy weight for me is about 140-145. Right now, I have gained all my weight back (didn't change pic or weight on page) I'm 158, I use makeup to contour the jawline. Check out this youtube video on how to contour on a round face. I hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtBm53kxv2w
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That is where I notice the difference in weight gain/loss. When I see photos of myself, I swear that I wish I had a bag over my face.
  • ehsquared
    Options
    I have been and actually still to this day been called "chipmunk". It doesn't seem to matter what weight I'm at, I still have those cheeks. I'm 25 and have always been mistaken for younger. But ya know, it isn't all that bad. I think that a round face is quite endearing and youthful. So if someone says you look younger, take it as a compliment. Sure beats being called older!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    For me, it's the last place to lose the weight and the first to gain it.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My face has ALWAYS been very round - I rock the good ol Slavik look. I FINALLY saw a difference in my face - I had always wanted to lose the cheeks, haha!

Heaviest: 2008vsnow-1.jpg

Today: photo-4.jpg
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    I agree with so many of you, my face is the first place I gain weight and even when I lost 80lbs a few years ago, yeah I lost weight in my face but it wasn't nothing like you'd expect for 80lbs lost! (i'd eventually gained 40 of that back)

anyway, I dont expect to have a nice chissled jawline, but id really like to have somewhat of a jawline instead of this pocket of fat on my chin area lol
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options

What does an hourglass shape face look like? I thought it was either like round, oval, square, heart... I have never heard hourglass.
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    My face has ALWAYS been very round - I rock the good ol Slavik look. I FINALLY saw a difference in my face - I had always wanted to lose the cheeks, haha!

Heaviest: 2008vsnow-1.jpg

Today: photo-4.jpg

I can definitely see a difference in your face shape, you have alot more definition near your chin area and stuff! im so jealous!! lol
  • smkcx♥
    Options

What does an hourglass shape face look like? I thought it was either like round, oval, square, heart... I have never heard hourglass.

she might of thought i was referring to a round body shape or something? Idk I was a little confused by that post too! lol
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your face shape, you have alot more definition near your chin area and stuff! im so jealous!! lol

Thanks! Forever I thought I could never lose weight there and FINALLY!!!!!!! haha
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Me at 220:
    4936119801_6007363bff.jpg

Me at 187:
    6244481107_d8db7d65c0.jpg

My round face and stupid double chin make me look a lot bigger than I am. It's gotten a good bit better for me, but I still have a lot of changes to make.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options

she might of thought i was referring to a round body shape or something? Idk I was a little confused by that post too! lol

I had thought maybe she was thinking body shape too but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • smkcx♥
    Options

Thanks! Forever I thought I could never lose weight there and FINALLY!!!!!!! haha

well you've definitely given me some hope!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!