Still No Weight Loss after 2 weeks.....HELP!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's just a wash if you eat back your exercise calories. I'd rather my hard work go to making me look better than to reward myself with more calories. That is just my opinion, I do understand some people like to workout more eat more that day. I just don't really like exercise so I'd rather workout less and eat less.

If her metabolism has slowed down, it's because of her hormones and she needs to have a day of a calorie surplus. A SURPLUS is what knocks us out of starvation mode and spikes metabolism.

Yes I agree eating a surplus helps to spike the metabolism. Exercise and building muscle also spikes the metabolism in a huge way! That is why some people on here (myself included) can eat between 1800 - 2000 gross calories and still lose weight! Because we have turned our bodys into fat burning machines. We have muscle which needs a lot of energy just at rest to function. So that now when i'm sitting here typing this i'm burning heaps more calories than someone else who hasn't got as much muscle mass as me! I can also maintain on a higher amount of food - somewhere between 2000 - 2600.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    try measureing inches and weight on a set day every week....of even weight once a week and measure once a month...that way you see the differnece in the tape measure even if your not seeing it on the scale... remeber mucsle weighs more than fat :D

Muscle does NOT weight more than fat. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of dirt. Just sayin.....

Right, which is why measurements are more helpful for this reason, as muscle mass is less dense than body fat. The pounds are the same, but feathers are going to take up more room than dirt.

Just sayin......

As for me, although I had less to lose, it took me a year to lose 20 lbs. I lose sloooowwwwww on a scale. Keep doing it! What ate your options anyway? Going back to what you used to do?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Wow that is really slow. Takes dedication to stick to it though, good for you. I certainly hope it doesn't take me 6 months to lose 10 lbs.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    In all these exercise calorie debates, I hardly EVER see anyone take into account human error. People wonder why they aren't losing weight when they are supposedly in a deficit, but are they really in a deficit? If you underestimate your caloric intake and overestimate you caloric output and then eat back you exercise calories, you may not really be in a deficit at all...no matter what the numbers say at the end of the day--if it's not accurate then it's not accurate. Bottom line--if you burn off more than you take in, you WILL lose weight. If you are not losing, take a look at the accuracy of your logging.

Btw...I lost 24 pounds by NOT eating my exercise calories back (gasp!).

I agree 110%.