My new favorite cereal

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
I just got back from grocery shopping and am always looking for something easy to take to work to snack on that'll satisfy my sweet tooth yet be somewhat healthy at the same time. It's also nice to have cereal available at home for my 11 yr old daughter that she'll like too, yet isn't totally bad for her.

Today I discovered Kellogg's chocolate flavored frosted mini wheats. They are half the size of your typical mini wheats so 52 of these tasty nuggets makes up one serving (perfect for snacking on while sitting at my desk!) yes - they have a bit of suger (12g) but they also have fiber (6g) and protein (5g) and only 200 calories per serving.

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=15951

Replies

• Wolfena
    Options
    I just got back from grocery shopping and am always looking for something easy to take to work to snack on that'll satisfy my sweet tooth yet be somewhat healthy at the same time. It's also nice to have cereal available at home for my 11 yr old daughter that she'll like too, yet isn't totally bad for her.

Today I discovered Kellogg's chocolate flavored frosted mini wheats. They are half the size of your typical mini wheats so 52 of these tasty nuggets makes up one serving (perfect for snacking on while sitting at my desk!) yes - they have a bit of suger (12g) but they also have fiber (6g) and protein (5g) and only 200 calories per serving.

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=15951
  • CHANCE352
    Options
    Thanks! I'm always looking for something to snack on at work also. This sounds great!:laugh:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hate to burst your bubble:blushing: but how about rice cakes, we can get vinegar and salt flavour her in Blighty or:bigsmile: a few carrot and celery sticks = loads of fibre and very little if any sugar.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside :laugh: .
  • Wolfena
    Options
    I eat a baggie of veggies every day at work (carrots, celery, snap peas, fresh baby corn, sliced bell peppers and/or and grape tomatoes) every day at work.... but they don't taste like chocolate so they don't satisfy my sweet tooth!

I'm not big on rice cakes, they don't do much for my sweet tooth or to satisfy my hunger (in any flavor) they're like eating air! :wink:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy! Sounds like a trip to the grocery store on the way home tomorrow. I am always looking for a good snack to get something sweet that won't make my sugar spike and drop the fiber content in these is really good. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Yeah cereal can be very helpful Kellogs has a new cereal called Jumbo multi-grain krispies and it has 3g (11%) FIBER per serving. 1 cup is only 90 cals and it's sweet!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I'm craving chocolate again.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I have the honey nut they taste great, and i use them mainly for a snack when I want something sweet. I have such a problem with chocolate that I am not going for the chocolate ones yet, that might make me want more chocolate, yum but no.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Nabisco makes a lot of 100 calorie packs, even oreo flavored (chocolate) ones! Have you tried those? :smile:
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Nabisco makes a lot of 100 calorie packs, even oreo flavored (chocolate) ones! Have you tried those? :smile:

Yes I have :smile: But most of those don't have much nutritional value- they're just tasty! :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I love the frosted mini wheats cereals. I'll have to try the chocolate one the next time I go grocery shopping.