Thanks for sharing!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I run because it gives me the ultimate solitude, and a chance to do something, even I thought I couldn't do. It presses my boundries, and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Great video! I met Terry Hitchcock at a viewing of his movie "My Run". If you get a chance, watch it.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I run because it gives me the ultimate solitude, and a chance to do something, even I thought I couldn't do. It presses my boundries, and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Great video! I met Terry Hitchcock at a viewing of his movie "My Run". If you get a chance, watch it.

i'll definitely have to check it out!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    To get to the other side ?
  • KayeRichards
    KayeRichards Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To get to the other side ?

:laugh:
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I run because it's an awesome feeling once you're warmed up, got the tunes pumping and your body becomes this machine. The endorphins get pumping...dang...I want to go get my shoes on right now! It's great stress relief.

Also...my rear end is looking WAY better since I started running!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    That was a nice share. Thanks! I am a newbie to running and just starting to enjoy it! I used to HATE it. Now I LOVE the way I feel once I get in my rhythm and push myself just a bit further/longer each time.

Have you seen this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsOBaV_93yQ

this is how I knew I COULD do this if I just tried!
  • christina000
    Options
    Am I missing something? That video was terrible quality, and I didn't understand it!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Am I missing something? That video was terrible quality, and I didn't understand it!

both videos are just supposed to inspire you to be a runner. Its not about anything but giving something your all even when you have nothing left to give you can still give more, you can still push harder, you can still go farther no matter how many obstacles may get in your way you can still push through it to the finish line. Not only a good motivation for running but pretty much every aspect of your life!

At least that's what I get out of it! :smile:
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I run because it's good cardio, I usually do it interval styles but I do it because I feel it helps with my endurance and stamina for roller derby. Derby is what keeps me going if it's going to help me when I'm rolling then I'm going to have a go at it
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    because someone's chasing me. Run fat man, run.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Because I have no excuse not too. And I love it hehe
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    to answer the question "Am I missing something?" - Yes.
  • CharityEaton
    Options

:laugh: This is what I used to think.....only a short 2 months ago! You only run when something scary is chasing you!
  • Rain_Howard
    Options

:laugh: This is what I used to think.....only a short 2 months ago! You only run when something scary is chasing you!

At my size I find very little scary. Generally the other way around. I admit I envy those that can run for miles and enjoy it. My knees are so bad that even once I lose the weight I'm sure I"ll be able to run much. If I"m in a hurry I just roll, it's faster.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

both videos are just supposed to inspire you to be a runner. Its not about anything but giving something your all even when you have nothing left to give you can still give more, you can still push harder, you can still go farther no matter how many obstacles may get in your way you can still push through it to the finish line. Not only a good motivation for running but pretty much every aspect of your life!

At least that's what I get out of it! :smile:

exactly!