Adding recipes

Options
finecrystal
finecrystal Posts: 8 Member
I can't figure out how to add a recipe for my food log. Is there an easy way of doing it? Or does it always hav to search the database for each ingredient?

Replies

• ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I would like this info also! I tried to use the tool yesterday and it was really daunting, so I stopped.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If the calories aren't listed in the recipe, then I usually find one that is very similar OR use a free online calorie counter like http://www.fitwatch.com/caloriecounter.html

Happy cooking and eating! :)
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Click the Food tab
    Click Recipes in the bar below the tabs
    Click the green button on the right that says Enter New Recipe

;)
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    And just a side note on recipes... right now you can enter them for your own use but you cannot share them. You can say that it would be OK to share them when that feature is available, though!
  • finecrystal
    finecrystal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Surely there is a faster and easier way to list a new recipe. I have to search for each ingredient, pick which one I think best matches it, then convert it into decimals. Like the recipe I used tonight has 1 teaspoon of dill, but the dill was only listed as 1 tablespoon, so I converted it to .33. Is this what all of you do too?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,115 Member
    Options
    finecrystal, yes you have to enter them individually and convert to decimal.

Once you have it in, you can add it all at once and edit individual ingedients next time.....Like for instance, you make a corned beef cassarole and enter it. Next time you use more corned beef and less carrots. You can edit each ingredient on that day's entry without changing the core recipe. You just edit in the food diary itself after you enter the food.
  • RobertaKR
    RobertaKR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's what I've done. It's a bit of a pain, but you only have to do it once for each recipe.
    I've caught on to using the right keywords to cut down on search time. For example, if you want fresh tomato, and you type tomato, everything that contains tomato comes up, however it you type, "Tomato - fresh or Tomato - raw", you don't have to scroll through as many items.

Not sure it that helps you. :-)
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you already know the nutritional info on your recipes (calories per serving etc.) then you can add it under MY Foods. This is helpful to me because my husband is doing this too and there is no reason for us both to go through the trouble of adding each ingredient.