waist and arm fat wont go!?

Options
I'm eating healthy and exercising and it seems that I keep losing lots of inches off of my legs! but the rest of me is stuck!! ... From a side view I have to say my stomache does look flatter but around my waist im super wide... before my weight gain when i was a healthy weight for my height (around 135-140 at 5'7) I had to deal with this wide waist too... I wasn't eating healthy then, i just naturally stayed skinny, so that could be what it was but now that im eating healthy and exercising like crazy and they still aren't leaving im wondering if its just my shape?? :'(... also my arm fat wont go away! I've been doing some push ups,planks, and heard skipping is good so will bring that into my routine too...What other exercises can I do? How many inches do you think I could lose in 2 weeks if I work super hard?? I wana be a few inches less in these areas by then because i'm going on vacation... Once I am back I plan to slow it down a bit but as of now I am working hard on my workouts... I do aprox 8-9mph for around 20-30 mins and usually 10-12 mins of walking at 4.0mph on my treadmills highest incline which is 10. Any advice is appreciated!

Edit: Running twice a day!

P.S I lost almost 3 inches just this week in my legs and my muscles in my legs are crazy strong! (my waist and arms remained the same as last time I measured not too long ago) oh and my hips are much smaller than my waist, so my pants tend to get pushed down by my waist and then fall off because my hips cant hold them up! I wear high cut pants up to my belly button or just above (this helps me conceal my waist and I cant wear low cut jeans because then my waist a.k.a muffin tops burst out)

If it helps to get a better picture... my measurements from top to bottom are: Bust: 37.0, .Under the bust *rib cage area* 31.0 , Waist: 41.0, 31, Hips: 38.0, Thighs: 22.5

Replies

• smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm eating healthy and exercising and it seems that I keep losing lots of inches off of my legs! but the rest of me is stuck!! ... From a side view I have to say my stomache does look flatter but around my waist im super wide... before my weight gain when i was a healthy weight for my height (around 135-140 at 5'7) I had to deal with this wide waist too... I wasn't eating healthy then, i just naturally stayed skinny, so that could be what it was but now that im eating healthy and exercising like crazy and they still aren't leaving im wondering if its just my shape?? :'(... also my arm fat wont go away! I've been doing some push ups,planks, and heard skipping is good so will bring that into my routine too...What other exercises can I do? How many inches do you think I could lose in 2 weeks if I work super hard?? I wana be a few inches less in these areas by then because i'm going on vacation... Once I am back I plan to slow it down a bit but as of now I am working hard on my workouts... I do aprox 8-9mph for around 20-30 mins and usually 10-12 mins of walking at 4.0mph on my treadmills highest incline which is 10. Any advice is appreciated!

P.S I lost almost 3 inches just this week in my legs and my muscles in my legs are crazy strong! (my waist and arms remained the same as last time I measured not too long ago) oh and my hips are much smaller than my waist, so my pants tend to get pushed down by my waist and then fall off because my hips cant hold them up! I wear high cut pants up to my belly button or just above (this helps me conceal my waist and I cant wear low cut jeans because then my waist a.k.a muffin tops burst out)

If it helps to get a better picture... my measurements from top to bottom are: Bust: 37.0, .Under the bust *rib cage area* 31.0 , Waist: 41.0, 31, Hips: 38.0, Thighs: 22.5

I'm built similar to that and so is my mother she weighs 139lbs but her waist & arm area is a lot bigger, her legs are tiny though. She was told to engage in other activites to work those area's.
  • demure_poetic
    Options

I'm built similar to that and so is my mother she weighs 139lbs but her waist & arm area is a lot bigger, her legs are tiny though. She was told to engage in other activites to work those area's.

my mother is also similar and my daughter seems to have been cursed with it too.. i don't like the look of broad shoulders/big arms and tiny hips/legs... its not feminine at all! :(
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Circuit Training. It works all areas. Great selection and variety at Jillianmichaels.com,shred 30 day free trial. I love it. I have been doing it for 30 days and am toning from head to toe....you can really see a difference. Just a thought.
  • HeatherMomSamMaxTom
    Options
    Try a Jillian Michaels dvds through netflix and see how she keeps a higher but shorter timed work out. My favorite is the 6 wee six pack abs only because I have that area left. But mixing in cardio through-out the workout not just before a work out might help you more? My arms have decrease to half of what I had before I worked out. Try utube also to get some hints, for particular areas.
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    Thank you for all of your advice :)