Pizza is a Vegetable?!?!

Excuse me?
pizza.jpg

Replies

• Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    I am growing pizza in my garden. If I truly believed this I'd be just as high as the US Congress.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Aren't they just saying that tomato sauce contains enough nutrients to count as a serving of vegetables?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Aren't they just saying that tomato sauce contains enough nutrients to count as a serving of vegetables?

Yes. I blame Matt Lauer.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    LOVE your response!!

-t
    I am growing pizza in my garden. If I truly believed this I'd be just as high as the US Congress.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

/thread

Not much will get better than this comment!
  • Yayy! Now I can eat more pizza :D
  • Isn't tomato technically a fruit? I mean it grows on vines instead of on the ground, and it has seeds in it and all...

Maybe I should buy some pizza seeds for myself so that I can get some free pizzas. :laugh:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    If tomatoes are a fruit, then isn't ketchup technically a smoothie?

MIND = BLOWN
  • Tomato is a fruit. These are the the idiots we elect to run this country. How are they going to get us out of debt when they dont know the diffrence between a fruit and a vegetable?
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    According to Congress, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce equals ½ cup of vegetables, thus allowing pizza to be counted as a serving of vegetables in school lunches.

So when it comes to school lunches the pizza a cafeteria serves will now count as a vegetable serving which is absolutely fantastic because now they can take the REAL veg off the menu and sub in some pudding and strawberry milk for all of the little future diabetics they're serving.

The US Congress is one of the most corrupt and ignorant government bodies in the world. If you have enough money you can get a bill as stupid as this through Congress pretty easily. What a joke.
  • If tomatoes are a fruit, then isn't ketchup technically a smoothie?

MIND = BLOWN

love it!!!
  • Contrarian
    Isn't tomato technically a fruit? I mean it grows on vines instead of on the ground, and it has seeds in it and all...

Maybe I should buy some pizza seeds for myself so that I can get some free pizzas. :laugh:

It is a fruit. Hmm.
  • This thread is killing me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also stumbled upon this:

http://www.change.org/petitions/citizens-of-the-usa-petition-to-declare-congress-a-vegetable
    Citizens of the USA: Petition to declare Congress a vegetable

Well it's troo.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member

Yes. I blame Matt Lauer.

Matt Lauer is the blame for many things wrong in this country.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Isn't tomato technically a fruit? I mean it grows on vines instead of on the ground, and it has seeds in it and all...

WIN
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    In related news, Congress recently passed legislation to reduce accidental deaths and suicides by declaring that rooftops and window ledges are exempt from the law of gravity.
  • Apparently it has to do with allowing companies to continue to sell their frozen food products without having to change them in order to meet the new nutritional requirements?

Silly America.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    What kills me is that they can waste time declaring what is and isn't a vegetable but can't seem to agree on anything else. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
  • Contrarian
    So, is pizza a fruit?
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    If I eat three tablespoons of tomato sauce does that make me a vegetable?