Hookah

Options
Does hookah have calories? Or, at least, anything worth entering?

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options

quit smokin dat stuff- bad for your health!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kmill217! sorry....

~Leash
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think so, but who knows. I have a hookah bong, don't smoke it very often though, which is a good thing I'm sure. Did you try google?
  • bonniejo
    Options

I've only done it once! And besides, if you only do it about once a month, there are no ill effects.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

here I am thinking it's some kind of Indian food!!!! :laugh: i'm such a tard!
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think so, but who knows. I have a hookah bong, don't smoke it very often though, which is a good thing I'm sure. Did you try google?

I just found something on yahoo answers (good ol' yahoo!) and it decreases your appetite, and no calories! Pretty sweet!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It seems like if you're SMOKING something, and not EATING it, it wouldn't have calories :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I sincerely doubt it does :)
    As for not smoking, that's a personal choice. Life is not meant to go unlived. Quality of life verus quantity IMO.

Smoking a hookah is one of the lesser harmful ways to smoke, especially if you're smoking real shisha tobacco since its not fire-cured. Fire-curing causes the formation of nitrosamines, which are highly carcinogenic. It's cured with herbs, fruits, etc soaked in syrups. Similarly, this is the same reason that snus are less likely to cause cancer than dip.

It's still not good for you, but then again most people don't smoke a hookah every day like many smokers will inhale a pack of cigs every day.

Enjoy it, I myself love hookah bars!
    Just be careful... hookah bars mean falafel, curry, and all kinds of other delicious foods that DO have lots of calories :laugh:
  • Does hookah have calories? Or, at least, anything worth entering?

I've only done it once! And besides, if you only do it about once a month, there are no ill effects.
    well except the munchees that do have lots of calories:laugh:
  • Hmm, I don't think so, but who knows. I have a hookah bong, don't smoke it very often though, which is a good thing I'm sure. Did you try google?

I just found something on yahoo answers (good ol' yahoo!) and it decreases your appetite, and no calories! Pretty sweet!
    :huh: :huh: :noway: pot decreases the munchies?:huh: :ohwell:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Lol, traditionally you don't smoke pot in a hookah :laugh: You can, but why turn such a pretty item into paraphernalia? :wink:
    You smoke tobacco.. which makes you not hungry (and can ease IBS).
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Quality of life verus quantity IMO.

I vote for both!:wink::drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Lol, traditionally you don't smoke pot in a hookah :laugh: You can, but why turn such a pretty item into paraphernalia? :wink:
    You smoke tobacco.. which makes you not hungry (and can ease IBS).
    ah maybe it all depends on where you grow up:laugh:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm in college, in San Francisco, so let's just say I'm totally up for the occasional hookah! Actually, I'm more likely to accept a hookah invitation than a drinking one--no calories!

As for, ahem, not as widely accepted plants, they don't give me the munchies, so I don't worry about becoming a binge monster. Some of my friends though...WHOA., nail down the chocolate!

And the fact I've never smoked a cigarette in my life makes it even funnier.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Lol, I'm in college, in San Francisco, so let's just say I'm totally up for the occasional hookah! Actually, I'm more likely to accept a hookah invitation than a drinking one--no calories!

As for, ahem, not as widely accepted plants, they don't give me the munchies, so I don't worry about becoming a binge monster. Some of my friends though...WHOA., nail down the chocolate!

And the fact I've never smoked a cigarette in my life makes it even funnier.

I like hookah because it's so relaxing too. Very social, and I drink more water! Not too expensive either (we share). Go hookah! :happy:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

Don't worry I was like HUH???:embarassed: Till I saw someone say quit smoking that stuff :laugh:
    Anyways, D'OH!
  • abillings9
    Options
    I smoked a hookah with my sister for the first time over Christmas and I really liked it. Very relaxing and she was saying that it is actually much healthier than cigs or pot. (She manages a smoke shop, she knows her stuff!)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Don't worry I was like HUH???:embarassed: Till I saw someone say quit smoking that stuff :laugh:
    Anyways, D'OH!
    When I think of a hookah it's Alice in Wonderland that comes to mind, or the ancient greeks who gathered around as they had so many...ah well, I don't know the proper term, basically more than one person could smoke at the same time, often many. So whatever the term is..:blushing:

FC:heart:
  • mommachag
    Options
    I sincerely doubt it does :)
    As for not smoking, that's a personal choice. Life is not meant to go unlived. Quality of life verus quantity IMO.

Smoking a hookah is one of the lesser harmful ways to smoke, especially if you're smoking real shisha tobacco since its not fire-cured. Fire-curing causes the formation of nitrosamines, which are highly carcinogenic. It's cured with herbs, fruits, etc soaked in syrups. Similarly, this is the same reason that snus are less likely to cause cancer than dip.

It's still not good for you, but then again most people don't smoke a hookah every day like many smokers will inhale a pack of cigs every day.

Enjoy it, I myself love hookah bars!
    Just be careful... hookah bars mean falafel, curry, and all kinds of other delicious foods that DO have lots of calories :laugh:

i feel enlightened now. thank you