Hi all - so happy to be back on the healthy lifestyle path

Options
HI,

I am a 44 yr old mature student and when I looked at why I wasn't getting time to get to the gym and focus on healthy eating I realised that I spent a lot of time on facebook playing mafia wars - how dumb is that? - so I deleted my MW account and am now getting to the gym 3 times a week and there is no more convenience food and snacky junk in the cupboards.

I have lost 70 lbs twice now and twice got down to 17 stone (238 lbs) and then it just seems to creep back on - I am really determined and motivated that I am gonna blast through that this time and keep on moving towards my goal. Another site told me last week that it will take me 524 days to get to my target weight - and to me that seems very achievable so I am all excited about being on the journey again.

I know the frame of mind I need to be in to lose the weight and am happily in that zone. This site is ideal as I don't have time to join Weightwatchers or Scottish Slimmers etc but it would be nice to have people that I could share the journey with that are on the same path.

Please add me and we can motivate each other and help when we hit those dreaded plateaus and cheer all our little victories.

Ps the Food in Carfoodel isn't about food - its just I love the Foo Fighters.

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined MFP too but wanted to say hi and welcome to you :)
    I am sure you are doing the right thing and will achieve your goal and you are definitely on the right track :)

- Chrissi
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome - I think its the social side of this site that will help as much as the tracking.