Does this make me a bad person?

Options
Ok, so there was this girl, one of my friends who used to make hurtful comments when I was obese (as in 190lbs).She used to make comments like, "Wow Neveah, You have some guts to wear that outfit. If I were you, I would never wear those at that weight"..."You have developed too many pimples on your face, why don't you just cut off the fat"..."I think you are putting on weight because you simply sit at home doing nothing and eat a lot".

These comments used to hurt me badly especially when it came from her when I was dealing with a break up. It shattered my confidence to bits once again and my self-esteem reached the bottom of Pacific Ocean! I haven’t seen her for about three months and I ran into her yesterday. Guess what? She has DEVELOPED A NICE POUCH on her stomach area whereas as I have lost 28lbs and is clear of pimples. HA!! Of course I didn't make any rude comment on her, it’s not my style but trust me, I have never been happier to see a muffin top on any one ever! Does this make me a bad person? Am I being a jerk? May be but I’ll grow out of it.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    lmfao!

nope! it's called karma baby ;)
  • felicity866
    Options
    no...definately not a bad person....just honest.

good on you for having a win!!

karma all the way!! :)
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!.........I bet that made your day, and good for you for having the strength not to say anything.
  • ukjamie
    ukjamie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It makes you the better person, for not repaying her with hurtful comments, I bet you felt an idiot after seeing you, good on you girl
  • quizzyrascal
    quizzyrascal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    You know the saying " Karmas a ***** "
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bad person no. HUMAN yes!!

good for you.
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    Good on you for having class and no stooping to her level. And no it does not make you a bad person. Big win for you!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Nope! Just Karma!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hah. I love when that happens!

My mom has called me fat my whole life, but now I'm in awesome shape, and she's getting flabby. That's just the way the world works. :)
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's karma and feeling that way makes you human. You worked hard for your weight loss so you deserve to be proud of it. Also she was the meaner person for saying such things like that to you in the first place. You didn't say anything but I'm sure she noticed that you were thinner and I'm sure that got to her.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ok, so there was this girl, one of my friends who used to make hurtful comments when I was obese (as in 190lbs).She used to make comments like, "Wow Neveah, You have some guts to wear that outfit. If I were you, I would never wear those at that weight"..."You have developed too many pimples on your face, why don't you just cut off the fat"..."I think you are putting on weight because you simply sit at home doing nothing and eat a lot".

These comments used to hurt me badly especially when it came from her when I was dealing with a break up. It shattered my confidence to bits once again and my self-esteem reached the bottom of Pacific Ocean! I haven’t seen her for about three months and I ran into her yesterday. Guess what? She has DEVELOPED A NICE POUCH on her stomach area whereas as I have lost 28lbs and is clear of pimples. HA!! Of course I didn't make any rude comment on her, it’s not my style but trust me, I have never been happier to see a muffin top on any one ever! Does this make me a bad person? Am I being a jerk? May be but I’ll grow out of it.

Too Funny. Enjoy!
  • slimthingspecial
    Options
    I had one of those friends... I'm so pleased for you Neveah - you're the bigger person ;)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    lmfao!

nope! it's called karma baby ;)

Could't agree more!!!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Ugh! Some people can be so rude! Good for you for not repaying her those nasty comments! My guess is someone else will. And congrats on the weight loss...keep up the awesome work! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Nah, I would have been thrilled. And told all my other friends.

I probably AM a bad person.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have happened to a better person :)

It looks like her "self esteem" is catching up with her now. People who bring others down like that have serious mental issues of their own.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Nope... I would have been a true "bad" person because I probably would have poked her in the gut or something!! LOL (ok maybe not) But it would have been funny!

And I agree with everyone else KARMA!!
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bask in the enjoyment of your silent revenge....she got what was coming to her....
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Karma is a *****!! I would have had the biggest smile on my face and been sweet as punch.

You are not a bad person, but she definitely is!! Just enjoy the new you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!