The Worst Day Ever

Options
Okay, so breakfast was great. Then lunch came, and I think I ate like, three pounds worth of food. I'm in the marching band at my school and whenever we go out on concerts, we get fed! I told myself I would take all the healthy choices but then I get there, and it's an amazing potluck with so many delicious foods and before I knew it I was scarfing everything down!!! And I KNEW I would feel awful when I was done but I ate it all anyway. Seriously, it was so disgusting... I am going to list it and you can all tell me how awful it was:

sloppy joe sandwich
marshmallow snickers salad
fruit salad
orange jello
three different noodle salads
veggie pizza
corn
half a banana
chocolate truffle
m&m brownie
mint cake
chocolate cookie bar

Then on the bus ride home, I had half a cookie.

THEN when I got home, I was extremely stressed, because I broke up with my boyfriend (yeah this story just keeps getting crazier!) and I had a bagel with cream cheese and approximately 20 chocolate oatmeal cookie balls, AND like 6 angel food cake cupcakes that my roommates had made.

I don't even want to begin to think about how many calories that was. 10,000 doesn't even seem like an exaggeration.

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Okay, so breakfast was great. Then lunch came, and I think I ate like, three pounds worth of food. I'm in the marching band at my school and whenever we go out on concerts, we get fed! I told myself I would take all the healthy choices but then I get there, and it's an amazing potluck with so many delicious foods and before I knew it I was scarfing everything down!!! And I KNEW I would feel awful when I was done but I ate it all anyway. Seriously, it was so disgusting... I am going to list it and you can all tell me how awful it was:

sloppy joe sandwich
    fruit salad
    orange jello
    veggie pizza
    corn
    half a banana
    chocolate truffle
    m&m brownie
    mint cake
    chocolate cookie bar

THEN when I got home, I was extremely stressed, because I broke up with my boyfriend (yeah this story just keeps getting crazier!) and I had a bagel with cream cheese and approximately 20 chocolate oatmeal cookie balls, AND like 6 angel food cake cupcakes that my roommates had made.

I don't even want to begin to think about how many calories that was. 10,000 doesn't even seem like an exaggeration.
  • :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay, so today was a bad day! Get back on the horse and ride again tomorrow. You can do this!

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    ***Double Post***
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

sloppy joe sandwich
    fruit salad
    orange jello
    veggie pizza
    corn
    half a banana
    chocolate truffle
    m&m brownie
    mint cake
    chocolate cookie bar

You have my sympathies. I've been there with the band thing. Days of competitions we would have practice and then we basically had a cookout before we left for the competition. That was in high school before I started to watch what I eat so I didn't have a problem with it. All I can suggest is that next time you bring enough healthy food to eat. You messed up one day, you're fine. Don't worry about it. Do better tomorrow.

Question: What does your marching band do in FEBRUARY?? Isn't marching season over? Or are you in one of those spring ones?
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will get back on top of it tomorrow!! I really will!! It's just always nice to hear that other people have been there too. :)

And I guess we're not currently a "marching" band... but it's the spring version of our marching band. We go and do concerts where we play all of our music from the halftime shows last semester (I'm in the Wisconsin band, I don't know if you've heard of our 5th quarter, but we play music from that too). It's fun but the only marching we do is onto the stage!
  • dbsmom2002
    Options
    totally understand. many of us on this website have done the same thing. i try to remember that as a self-proclaimed food addict, i have an added challenge that drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers, etc. don't have to deal with ... you can live without those other things and never smoke, drink, or shoot up again (even though I respect the daily fight not to ...) however, i cannot *never eat again*. therefore, i'll never truly rid myself of my addiction from a physical/material sense. the best i can do is try to manage it, and not let it try to manage me.

that said, don't beat yourself up over it. today food won. tomorrow you will. you can do it ... javascript:add_smiley('happy','post_body')
  • ShakeDown1993
    Options
    i had a taco today :( ... with beans and rice and then more... i had a bad day too. but lets start new tomorrow:ohwell:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will get back on top of it tomorrow!! I really will!! It's just always nice to hear that other people have been there too. :)

And I guess we're not currently a "marching" band... but it's the spring version of our marching band. We go and do concerts where we play all of our music from the halftime shows last semester (I'm in the Wisconsin band, I don't know if you've heard of our 5th quarter, but we play music from that too). It's fun but the only marching we do is onto the stage!

Ahhh. Personally, I always liked how when football season was over then marching season was over. I liked getting new music for concert season. I've never heard of 5th quarter. I'm currently going to school in tallahassee and I've thought about doing FSU marching chiefs in the fall but I think it'll just be too much on my plate.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    We've all been there. Good thing you are aware. So sorry to hear about your breakup. Relationships are challenging and breakups are tough especially week leading up to Valentine's Day. Take good care of yourself. Love yourself no matter what. :heart:

Next time, what is one small thing you can do to strategize yourself to healthy eating/exercising/living? :happy: