HRM broken?!

Options
I've been using a Polar FT4 HRM for awhile now, and it's been a huge help to see how much I burn during each work out. A few weeks ago it somehow became locked on one screen, and it told me to push a button to "unlock." After several minutes of tearing my fingers apart trying to push the button (and later, any button and a combo) sufficiently hard, nothing. I've tried everything, and I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty. Does anyone have any advice to get my beloved back up and running?

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Have you tried removing the battery and then putting it back in?? Maybe that will 'reset' it?

Good luck!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Call Polar's customer service department.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I would try that above, but I'd also call Polar. They might surprise you at what they will do for you. I've heard good things and bad.

If you have to buy a new one, I'd recommend the Ft7 and buy the flowlink to upload your data to the internet. Then you can join exercise challenges against other Polar people. It's fun. I love it!
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have you tried removing the battery and then putting it back in?? Maybe that will 'reset' it?

Good luck!

Good thought! I'll have to try that, thanks!
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would try that above, but I'd also call Polar. They might surprise you at what they will do for you. I've heard good things and bad.

If you have to buy a new one, I'd recommend the Ft7 and buy the flowlink to upload your data to the internet. Then you can join exercise challenges against other Polar people. It's fun. I love it!

And this! Thanks for the advice :)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've personally had great experiences with Polar's service department. Sometimes it was hard to get through, but once I did, they were knowledgable and very helpful. If you end up having to ship it back, you will be amazed at how quickly they return it.