What are you responsible for making Turkey day?

Options

Replies

• PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in charge of bringing the snacks, drinks, and desserts.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to say it. But I've never had a roasted turkey I really enjoyed. :(
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    2 pumpkin pies, 2 peanut butter pies, and sweet potato casserole! There will be 38 of us. Fun, fun, fun!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm hosting this year so its all on me, with the exception of the pies.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Salad either green or cranberry and a green veggie, probably broccoli. Tina
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Question then, I am hosting also. My family all have favorites that I make. So now do I change up receipes to be healthy for all of us or just not worry about the calories, fat for the day. ??????
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The last few years I have made this potato dish that is basically cheese, cheese, more cheese and a few potatoes thrown in to keep all the cheese together. I know everyone is expecting it again and it always goes over really well but this year I am bringing simple garlic mashed potatoes. When I started my journey I started making it a policy that I don't bring any dish to pass that I am not willing to take home and have in my fridge.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Brownies! I use applesauce instead of oil in the mix, then a layer of (low sodium) peanut butter, then a layer of chocolate frosting. Sooooo much ooey gooey deliciousness!!!!!! :love:

If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I might make a sculpted cake with fondant. I'm the dessert queen in the family.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    All of it. We have my husband and I's entire family of 14 coming to our 4 bedroom house. CRAZY TIME!

I love it though. I wouldn't trade cooking for the holidays for anything.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Nothing,we wouldnt even be having thanksgiving if my mom hadnt moved in with me.She wants it she can cook it,the most im doing is paying for the food
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Question then, I am hosting also. My family all have favorites that I make. So now do I change up receipes to be healthy for all of us or just not worry about the calories, fat for the day. ??????

I'd find little cheat ways to make it healthier, but not go too crazy. People love thanksgiving.
    Just watch the portions.
    Personally I hope to eat my weight in mashed potatoes.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in charge of making.....myself gorgeous. Done!
  • meldickman
    Options
    All!
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    We are going to our daughter's, it is her first time to host. She is very excited! When she told her husband that she is doing it he said "is you dad making the turkey?" LOL Yes! We have a smoker and hubby is smoking 2 turkeys. We are also making "party potatoes" from an online recipe site. I am nervous because the turkey takes 4 hours to smoke but wanted to go there early and is over a half hour drive. Hate the thought of having to heat it back up. :(
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Everything except the Turkey, my husband is going to smoke it, but I'm going to try to keep it as simple as possible. Turkey, stuffing, taters, gravy, salad.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I just started a 7-day Holiday cooking special on my blog. I'll be posting some great holiday recipes that are lighter than the traditional ones.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elizabeth_C34
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Going to my best girl's house....all she wants me to bring is wine but not so secretly wishes for the crab dip and stuffed mushrooms...thinking she'll get her wish :)

And the next day? I'm treating her to a pedicure!
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I made whole berry cranberry sauce with orange zest....so delicious :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    salad:
    Pear, hearts of palm, toasted pecans, crumbled bacon, and crumbled goat cheese on a bed of romaine lettuce and topped with a few pomegranate seeds for color.

Your salad sounds wonderful!

I'm bringing sweet potatoes (probabaly with praline pecan topping) baked beans and some sort of dessert.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    making nice with the in-laws....

I have no idea how it'll turn out.