Last 10, so hard!

Options
I posted this in Introduce but realized it should probably be here instead, whoops!

I started my weight loss journey over a year ago. I started at 168, and I'm down around 140. My goal is 130, and I'm struggling so hard with these last 10! I know I need to commit to logging everyday, and setting and achieving small goals each day, but I'm having such a hard time getting focused and motivated. I could use some motivating pals to kick my butt through these last 10 :) Any encouragement is welcome, I'll do my best to return the favor! :)

Replies

• littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Amen! I started at 202 and am now 137 with a goal of 125-130, and it's just taking SO LONG to lose these last pounds! I have found increasing my calories has been a great help though! Good luck and well done on your journey so far! <3
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss thus far! That's huge. What did you find to be successful for you to get to where you are now? You realy just have to ask yourself, what you are willing to do, to get rid of the final 10.

Perhaps that means logging all you eat, listening to when your body is hungry, ditching coffee, sugar, alcohol or any vices that you know are holding onto that weight.

What are you willing to do?
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agree with you both. I've wanted to get to 127 and I am stuck at 135 and continue to be stuck there for about 6 months. I continue to try to improve my clean eating and new exercises (now running 5Ks three times a week and that is new in the past 2 months) and learning to love myself at this weight! We are not alone in this and good luck to us all! Go ahead and add me so we can cheer each other on!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same spot you are right now. I'm at ~140 and trying to get down to 130. It's been so much harder to lose even half a pound lately.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is true, it is very hard!

It would be SO easy now to just be happy for the achievement you have gotten so far and let it go BUT when you'll continue to the original target, you'll
    - have a REAL victory, 100 times more satisfaction of your achievement
    - never have to second guess if you could do it or not
    - learn more tricks to manage your weight in future too
    - look and feel even better than now
    - strengthen your will power to STAY in your goal weight after a real battle to get there
    - be a hero, an inspiration, a role model and a mentor in your circle of friends and relatives in need
    - be able to compassionate and help the ones who'll be struggling with the same challenge

You can do it; have faith in yourself, use all the help available and enjoy every little step towards the goal - it will be SUPER SWEET!!!
  • cristydog
    Options
    I too am stuck with 10 to go. I finally broke the barrier by giving up my beloved morning Hillbrothers Mocha. It was only a couple and 100 calories each but I guess it was the right thing as I am on a loosing streak again. Although it is by ounces not lbs. I am older (60) so increasing the exercise helps but I am always very active so had to take a good long look at diet again.