Eggs

Options
What type of egg do you buy the most and why?

What is your favorite way to cook them?

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I just buy large eggs, wherever I happen to be at the time when I need em [Wal-mart, Dillions, etc] I always scramble mine :)
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I just buy regular white eggs...large or extra large, depending what's on sale.
    I usually hard-boil them :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,936 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate enough to buy them from a farm down the road from my house. They're organic and free range. I like eggs prepare just about any way possible. i generally make a veg frittata for breakfast, 2 or 3 days a week, I love a good herb and cheese omelette, scrambled, poached, fried, hard boiled, in sauces for savory and sweet things. Like I said, just about anyway possible.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I buy the pre-boiled eggs from the supermarket. I buy free range fresh eggs from our neighbour from time to time. From experience, keeping all your eggs in one basket can be fatal to a joyful family picnic when you realise that what you though was a great source of handy, pre-cooked protien is infact half the recipe for a 12 egg omlette. We went a bit hungry that day!!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I always have large hard boiled eggs in my fridge, when I'm really hungry I grab one. They're a good healthy protein to keep my mouth busy while I'm making something healthy. :smile:
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I eat Southwest Eggbeaters. They are really tasty (scrambled). For "normal" eggs I buy Organic, Free-range brown eggs. I use those in recipes, hard-boiled, etc. I love eggs, so any preparation (except soft-boiled) works for me!
  • Katedimaggio
    Katedimaggio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have chickens so I eat a lot of eggs:) I recently found an awesome recipe for eggs on bethenny.com. It's on the first page of her website right now. It's called faux pancakes and it's really good! Also she (bethenny frankel) has an awesome recipe foe an easy frittata on YouTube. Just go to YouTube and type in " bethenny easy frittata". I'm not a great cook but her recipes are so easy even I can make them:) hope this helps!
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have our own chickens that free range. I recommend if you can get farm fresh eggs you should. they are so much better than store bought. they are our go to meal on anynight when we dont have time to pre plan. Omlets, fried eggs, scrambled (my sons favorite) Quiche, poached, I find they are hard to peel hardboiled because they are so fresh. Last night we had fried egg sandwiches, we were supposed to have grilled cheese and tomato soup, but my husband wanted something more filling.