When does the "Insanity" start?

Options
O.K. Fitness veterans , how fit do you need to be to start some of the video programs ( Insanity , PX90 , Turbofire , etc. )?

Replies

• BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    As for P90X and Turbo Fire.... they do show lower impact and/or modified moves. Not for sure on Insanity. So you can start but know they are challenging and you do what you can do and continue to press and do more with each workout. Or you can start with the other programs that lead up to these you mention. Such as.... Power 90 or Turbo Jam.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I started and worked myself up, I'm still not totally able to do every move in Insanity (like burpees) but I do most to the best of my ability. P90X is a bit easier to do and TurboFire is a lot of fun and you need quite a bit of energy for this one.

So I guess my answer is, you can do them all at your own pace. Lol
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Insanity is really hard. I'm on week 5 right now and despite being an avid runner, when I started Insanity I thought I was going to die. I have a friend though who did it who was much less fit than me. The key with Insanity is just know your limits. Shaun T stresses the whole time that if you feel you need to stop...then stop. The first week I could do maybe 1/3 of each workout. Even now I can't do full workouts though the improvement is significant (I can do well over 2/3 with them)

I say...just do it!
  • mdbaird76
    Options
    I started P90X at 265lbs so you can do it at any level. As the others have stated you do the low impact method of each workout. The great thing about P90X was they show you four different people doing it at four levels. I followed the low impact, modified move person for my first 90 days. After that I was stepping up to the more aggressive moves. I owe a huge part of my weight loss to P90X. I am not saying the others are not as effective, I just never did them so I can’t speak on them. They may be better for you, just remember no matter what you choose when your body says it had enough you need to listen to it so you can do the following day’s workout.

Hope this helps, Mike