Hi! I'm Cyndi and I'm new to myfitness pal

I've been using the weight watcher's etools for over a year now, and I like them, but lately I've been frustrated with how slow the site is. I joined myfitnesspal a few weeks ago and I'm very impressed with the robust database. It's easier to find the correct food on this site. Also, I'm a pescatarian (vegetarian who on rare occasions eats fish), so I really like how this site keeps track of my protein intake.

Replies

• MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Welcome! I just started my fitness pal in the middle of last week. I also did weight watchers at the beginning of the year and it took me about 3 months to lose 10 pounds, however I wasn't exercising as much then as I am now. So far I have lost 5.7 pounds with my fitness pal since I started last week! And I agree the tools on this site are very easy to use. Hope you like it and good luck!
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    WELCOME CYNDI, I TOO WAS A WEIGHTWATCHER BEFORE MFP.......IT ALL WORKS IF YOU DO IT PROPERLY AND DONT CHEAT YOURSELF AND WHEN YOU'RE FEELING DOWN THERES A WHOLE FAMILY TO PICK YOU UP AND GUIDE YOU ON THE RIGHT TRACK !! I JOINED IN JUNE AND FEEL GREAT AT THE MOMENT........24 LBS DOWN AND TWO DRESS SIZES !! THERES HINTS AND TIPS FROM OTHER MFP MEMBERS, LOADS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND ITS ALL FREE !!!!
    I WISH YOU WELL CYNDI.......GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY......FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF YOU LIKE !!:bigsmile:
    HEATHER FROM YORKSHIRE UK.